Exported playlist not showing on USB drive. Engine not adding either (2.3.X)

UPDATE

Now I have playlist randomly disappear from my USB that were previously fine…

ENGINE WHAT THE ■■■■

V 2.3.1 literally has this listed as a bug fix, but obviously it doesn’t work still

new PC, new engine install, new file system and after 3 weeks the same issue is happening - what on earth is going on… export a play list and it dumps all the files in the root no playlists at all… terrible terrible

This is ■■■■■■■ terrible. This shitty software update has rendered my 3.5k worth of DJ gear completely useless.

HOW THE ■■■■ HAS DENON NOT FIXED THIS YET. IT’S BEEN MONTHS

Hi all,

My tracks are exported to usb drive but the playlist are not showing on USB… ? how can we fix the situation. I use the latest SW version.

Thanks for feedback

Has anyone raised this woth their call centre…or are we just hopibg then monitor this community

Still impossible to use Engine to sync as of today even why the last update. As deepyup said this is supposed to be pro equipment & being unable to use it without any solution for months is scandalous. Luckily I generally try to sync everything a few hours before my gigs so I had the time to rekordbox but I didn’t need this added stress.

3 Likes

i opened a ticket months ago and never got a response.

1 Like

I had the same after I upgraded my Prime 4 to 2.4.0 and then also updated Engine DJ. Tried rolling back etc and the only what I’ve managed to sort it has been to completely remove the collection from Engine DJ remove Engine DJ and re-install an older version, and then re-import from my Music folders. Frustrating to say the least, but sorted. Luckily I don’t have that many playlists etc, so it wasn’t the end of the World to re-do them, but I feel sorry for those with long established and massive collections.

yeah I’ve got about 10k tracks in my collection… all of them with fixed beat grids and cue points.

Luckily seems to be more reliable recently, but I get maybe 1/5 as a failure. Thank god I’m not relying on this for shows right now…

Same situation here. Latest version of EP, latest Mac OS, working fine until last week.

I’m sure I had added new cue points, but no new songs to library at the time of this failure.

working now not working, this is a total nightmare… 3rd machine, 3rd rebuild… thinking of going back to serato to handle this side of things… what a nightmare situation…

1 Like

created a ticket with support referencing this thread

Im thinking the same. Engine is just not stable enough

broken again and on the latest 3.2 release, this is so unstable its killing me. literally only adding files into engine and creating playlist, tidying lists and database breaks… come on denon also be talked about here with more people same issue, different OS’s Terence Tanjong

I’m having this same issue. I’m a wedding DJ and own a Prime 4, Prime Go, and Numark Mixstream Pro. If Engine doesn’t sync my playlist, I’m dead in the water. I need a FIX, QUICKLY!

Have you tried deleting the m.db file from the drive then running the sync again?

I am suffering with the same issue! it is incredibly awful!

Really at my wits end with this, deleting all the backup files does resolve, but hardly a solution having to re import and creaye playlists again… this has been going since 2021 looking at various good threads. Can't copy songs to the internal ssd on the Sc6000

i have been through this, make no difference unfortunately

There is always the possibility of issues such as this following updates

Possible solution

1. nuke the main library and rebuild

2. Try lexicon - upload the last working library to lexicon and then try exporting it to engine again.

My hypothesis of why this happens- the old library may have been carrying some errors which older engine dj may have been ignoring but newer versions is not.