Cannot transfer playlists from Engine DJ 2.1 to External USB

I upgraded from Engine Prime to Engine DJ 2.1 recently, and have been facing issues with transferring music from Engine (via iTunes) to an external USB drive (I don’t use software / a laptop when DJ’ing live).

What I am working with: iMac 10.15.7 (only for transfering my music), Engine DJ 2.1.0, and, Denon DJ MCX8000 (with the latest firmware).

I use iTunes, as all my music & playlists are organised there. Before, with Engine Prime, it was easy to import any playlist & move into my USB; the playlist (with the exact song-order) would come up on my Denon).

However, this doesn’t seem to be the case with Engine DJ. All the songs are being transferred, but not as a playlist, and not in the order that I want. Instead, they are being transferred as individual folders (each song in its own Artist folder, sorted alphabetically).

I’ve synced iTunes, I’ve gone through the Engine DJ manual, I’ve transferred the playlist both ways (drag & drop, and via Sync Manager), but nothing seems to work.

Can anyone please help me out here? I’m obviously oblivious & confused, and in desperate need of detailed help.

Thank you in advance!

I think but dont hold me to this. You will need engine 1.6 as the database system changed on vers 2 and isnt compatable with the 8000 unit.

1 Like

Mcx 8000 is not supported by versions 2.x.x. Last compatible version is 1.6.2

2 Likes

■■■■■■■■. So I’m assuming that my only option is to go back to using Prime? Or another software altogether?

You can use upto and including engine 1.6.2 . Or you can use say serato with no issues.

I think (been a few years since i played on the mcx8000) that uou can just drag your mp3’s onto a usb and play through mcx8000 onboard engine and theu analyze on board bypassing the need for desktop engine. But cant honestly remember if you can. Im sure some one from denon could send you either the link or a copy of 1.6.2 if you ask.

@Reese . Have you got a link tucked away somewhere mate??

1 Like

At the bottom of EngineDJ.com downloads perhaps?

1 Like

Thanking thee kindly sir

It’s been around four years since I had mine and from memory I’m pretty sure it just plays off the stick. There’s no analysation done on the unit itself.

From memory, it takes the BPM embedded in the flies.

I tried doing that (dropping mp3s directly on a USB), but the MCX8000 didn’t analyze the bpms (it was just blank in that area). Perhaps I did it wrong? Need to research this a little more.

Update: It was very easy for me to re-install Engine Prime, which analyzed the tracks wonderfully. So, everything is working fine… for now.

Thank you all for your amazing help & advice!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.