Exported playlist not showing on USB drive. Engine not adding either (2.3.X)

I had the same after I upgraded my Prime 4 to 2.4.0 and then also updated Engine DJ. Tried rolling back etc and the only what I’ve managed to sort it has been to completely remove the collection from Engine DJ remove Engine DJ and re-install an older version, and then re-import from my Music folders. Frustrating to say the least, but sorted. Luckily I don’t have that many playlists etc, so it wasn’t the end of the World to re-do them, but I feel sorry for those with long established and massive collections.

yeah I’ve got about 10k tracks in my collection… all of them with fixed beat grids and cue points.

Luckily seems to be more reliable recently, but I get maybe 1/5 as a failure. Thank god I’m not relying on this for shows right now…

Same situation here. Latest version of EP, latest Mac OS, working fine until last week.

I’m sure I had added new cue points, but no new songs to library at the time of this failure.

working now not working, this is a total nightmare… 3rd machine, 3rd rebuild… thinking of going back to serato to handle this side of things… what a nightmare situation…

1 Like

created a ticket with support referencing this thread

Im thinking the same. Engine is just not stable enough

broken again and on the latest 3.2 release, this is so unstable its killing me. literally only adding files into engine and creating playlist, tidying lists and database breaks… come on denon also be talked about here with more people same issue, different OS’s Terence Tanjong

I’m having this same issue. I’m a wedding DJ and own a Prime 4, Prime Go, and Numark Mixstream Pro. If Engine doesn’t sync my playlist, I’m dead in the water. I need a FIX, QUICKLY!

Have you tried deleting the m.db file from the drive then running the sync again?

I am suffering with the same issue! it is incredibly awful!

Really at my wits end with this, deleting all the backup files does resolve, but hardly a solution having to re import and creaye playlists again… this has been going since 2021 looking at various good threads. Can't copy songs to the internal ssd on the Sc6000

i have been through this, make no difference unfortunately

There is always the possibility of issues such as this following updates

Possible solution

1. nuke the main library and rebuild

2. Try lexicon - upload the last working library to lexicon and then try exporting it to engine again.

My hypothesis of why this happens- the old library may have been carrying some errors which older engine dj may have been ignoring but newer versions is not.

certainly nuking all the database files resolves the issue but you are left with prepping XXgb of music into playlists, cue points and such like… i have done this twice now. its painful… and a marriage ruiner.

i have resorted to using the networked capability to share the engine data to the Sc6000s… this provides access the the playlists created in engine and does not require a usb export… issue is network can be unstable, wifi issues slightly laggy… its a work around but not great for anyone that cant sit there with a laptop next to them.

i was looking to install a 2nd version of engine on the same host machine, in order to provide some flexibility in creating new playlists on an engine software that exports correctly… gradually i could get another instance working… but i have not found a way to have two engine installs.

also looking at lexicon… although why we have to pay another sub for different software is a butter pill to swallow to over come this issue which has been around since day dot

Can you create a video of your workflow and then show us what is missing afterwards so we can fully understand what is going on… that way we can help you out.

Aside from the odd existing track reloading with a newer ‘date added’, i have have no issues updating and exporting my music from laptop to internal SSD on the Prime 2.

Have you refreshed your database on the 2.0 update? there was a full DB change when the firmware moved from 1.6 to 2.0. Is your desktop app and firmware running on the latest versions?

A video or at least screen capture of your process will be helpful.

Some other points to note.

Firstly there is a Library cleanup you can run to clean your collection up.

You also need to note that new playlists aren’t automatically sent across on export, you have to tick the box to enable them.

This is a test playlist ive created. Right at the bottom

When I go into Sync Manager you can see it isnt ticked by default, I have to tick the box to export it.

And finally you need to hit ‘Yes’ on this next popup.

Also be mindful that you should always ‘Sync to Engine DJ’ BEFORE doing any of the above if you have made changes on your device that you want to save back to the desktop app.

1 Like

Hey!

I had the same issue. The answer was

"The issue was related to a corrupt database2 folder found within your Mac’s Music Folder. This sadly will need to be deleted and you will need to re-import your music into the Engine Library collection first and then make your playlists. ​ Once done then enable these in the SYNC Manager and these will transfer across fine your relevant drives. "

In other words you should find database folder and delete it or just move in another place, then reopen engine and to make a new playlist, it will sync with your usb(

Ok Guys. Created playlists in Engine Dj desktop, Use the sync manager to export it to an SD card. When I open the SD on my Numark Mixstream Pro playlists are not available, just the songs. What do I do wrong (I’ve red some earlier similar threads, but no really easy solution. (I did an export from rekordbox and than the playlists created in rekordbox are visible).

Can you please provide me with a solution?

Before you pressed the export button did you ensure you had ticked all the playlists in the left hand column of the sync manager?

I re-exported the playlists, and this time they appeared in the player, so it works, thnx!

1 Like