Can't copy songs to the internal ssd on the Sc6000

Hello Guys & Girls from Denon. (this was meant for Denon Support, but can’t get it to send it to them, Keep getting the message:" missing proof of purchase)

I am from the Netherlands and own 2 sets of Denon. The one is the 5000M set with the X1800 the second is the 6000 set with the X1850. I was always very happy with the players and the software (never had a problem), but at the moment I don’t know what is happening. The problem is putting music on he internal Ssd in the Sc6000 everything is in V2.1

• have formatted the Ssd three times now.
  • have rebuild the database also.
  • have tried to put the internal ssd in the other 6000.

Strange is that I can put music on the external ssd that I use with the 5000M’s no problem I can drag and drop the “new” music or I can use sync manager. What I can’t do is putting “new” music or the entire database to the build in ssd of the 6000. When dragging and dropping I get the message: “Packing failed” when I use sync manager it copies the maps but no songs. The screen sees the map structure but it says: " No songs"

When I connect the 6000 to the labtop and want to copy my Mp3’s to the internal Ssd WITHOUT Engine dj, I can no problem.

I am desperate don’t know what to do anymore, hope you can help me. I was so glad with my Denons… for now I’m not so sure anymore…

Hope someone can help me solve this.

Ton

First make sure the disk has ExFAT/MBR filesystem.

Here A Youtube film https://youtu.be/SCL8-YQySz4

Hello DjEric,

Thank you for the quick reply.

The internal ssd is formatted in exfat.

I have been playing around with engine and the Denons for 2.5 years now, never had an issue. But this started with the update to V2

Test this.

• Make sure Engine on the computer is not running.
  • Connect the USB cable and go to computer mode on the Prime device.
  • Open the disk on the computer and rename the “Engine Library” folder to something else like “Engine Backup”
  • Now start Engine and export a few songs to the internal drive and then eject.
  • Set the Prime device in stand alone mode again to see if the newly exported songs shows up.

If it works now then something was broken in the database on the internal disk.

1 Like

Test an export to a freshly formatted USB/SD drive in computer mode.

1. connect a usb stick/sd card to the 6000
  2. go to controller/computer mode on the 6000
  3. the usb drive should show on your computer
  4. export a small crate to it.

ok I tried that.

No result. it copies the map and than the message packing failed.

I have tried what Mufasa says. It copies everything to the small usb drive that is connected in the SC6000. So clearly there must be something wrong with the internal Ssd, tommorrow I will remove it from the 6000 and format it… again… but this time I will try it on the windows Pc… I’ll keep you posted.

Thanks for this.

2 Likes

mufasa

I have done what you say. And I can copy songs and everything to the small usb without any problem. Tomorrow I will remove the ssd from the 6000 and format it on the windows pc. Let’s see if this will help.

Thanks for this.

1 Like

Same sort of thing with the prime 4 on v2 I have to send the file twice right click on the track in your file folder on your pc/mac send to prime 4 ssd and then drag and drop the same file into the engine dj playlist and now its putting the tracks into a separate folder

Problem solved.

What I have done:

• Removed the ssd from the 6000
  • Formatted it on my windows Pc instead of the macbook
  • Plugged it back in en synced it with Engine Dj

It took what longer… christmas and stuff…

Thanks for everybody that helped!

Happy Holidays

Ton

2 Likes

Answer me a question… Is it possible to use Engine Dj in the songs directly on the player’s internal ssd?