Strange sound coming from platter

As soon as my warranty is up, I am going to tear apart the SC6000 myself and figure out what’s going on. I’ve repaired my own CDJs numerous times.

Based on what Adrian has said, it seems like a relatively simple fix.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Glad to hear that you got it sorted.

Is this for the craping or the gear noise?

Scrape Sound and gear noise

“Platter-Bremse war nicht gut montiert”

:rofl: Brilliant!

Has the repair been carried out by the shop, or InMusic?

This could explain the delays with new stock, recalled to reinstall the brake mechanism

1 Like

The good news is that it looks straight forward and not a complex fix.

Great bit of info. Much appreciated. Glad its sorted for you!

1 Like

That could be the case, obviously a nightmare for Denon but it was always clear something wasn’t right. Hope they can get all of us who already have a defective unit sorted asap. Straight swap once the stock rolls in makes complete sense, nobody wants to be waiting weeks for returns.

1 Like

Post a video of that new platter. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The labour repair looks to cost about 1/3 what denon probably pays to make one :point_up: :laughing:

1 Like

Any chance you could pop up that video showing how the repaired job behaves and sounds?

2 Likes

I would be interested, too!

1 Like

wow… that was simple, it does solve the rattling problem

1 Like

Was that the player needing fixed? What are those screws actually for? Very strange but sounds much better

I tried adjusting mine but didn’t make any major difference that i could see but neither of mine sound as bad as the one in the video.

Mine makes the scraping noise so i guess it’s a return or wait until its out of warranty and tearing it down myself to have a look. However, seeing that picture below i am not sure i fancy trying to take it all apart :grinning: :grinning:

Sorry to be a pain but any chance you could pop a vid up of the repaired deck so we can see what a properly implemented breaking system sounds like?

So it is a mechanical issue, most probably due to tolerances during manufacturing. Maybe instead of leave those screws quite loose, you could put in a washer…

Overall it looks a little bit… messy… inside. I am curios what is this thin black cable going apparently from the heat sink on the left to the upper right corner. Is this the wifi antenna?

it also looks like Denon had a hard time during emc/emi testing, all those ferrit beads… :slight_smile:

EDIT: Oops picture has been removed?

Had my players for about 2 weeks now. And both my players and platters have been excellent no rubbing sound, no tension difference, no scrapping perfect by all accounts. Guess I was lucky.

Two things I would change.

1. I wish the wheel adjust knob clicked with sittings rather then smoothly turning. I’m sure my CDJ2000NXS clicked with adjustments. (Sold them ages ago)

2. With the platters were easier to clean finger prints away seems a bit of a task.

Apart from they are excellent players and having used Pioneer CDJ’s before these Denon SC6000’s are just as good in every way