Strange sound coming from platter

Seeing that jog on the CDJ 3000 is ■■■■■■■ me off more. I really hope with use the scraping/grinding sound will settle down. In comparison to the Pioneer, seems that maybe the SC6000 needs lubrication similar to what another member mentioned before.

1 Like

Today I got a message from Denon dj swiss

Hi,

The technician sent back yesterday your player.

You must receive it today.

Sorry again for the delay.

Best regards

Just talked to the local InMusic tech support. They will not take care of my defective unit, but advised to return it to the retailer where I purchased. The guy also said swapping the unit right now is impossible, as new units are expected due January or later :roll_eyes:

I personally wouldn’t call the CDJ-2000NXS2 jogs’ plastic & rubber rollers “bearings”. I guess technically they are, but it’s not ball bearings and there’s no spindle in there.

I think you guys are making too much of certain aspects of this, but what you should be calling for is consistency and a lack of variance.

1 Like

Well, I thought doing a successor to the 5000 series already and now some goofy layer controller was all kinda stupid, anyway. They should have been focusing on firmware.

2 Likes

Just to be clear: I’m not talking about a new model, but fresh stock of 6000s.

6000 is a new model compared to the 5000. Having a successor so soon after the 5000 and M’s release was unnecessary. The majority of Prime’s problem’s have been software, yet it’s as if InMusic decides to do a whole red herring dance throwing out more and more new hardware to distract people from that fact. And now they’ve got so many different models they don’t have the units to replace defective ones, which is sort of inevitable (defective units) with the InMusic factory considering their 20 year history of QA issues. Focus on a small number of models you stand by for longterm. Get the software right. Vastly improve factory QA.

4 Likes

After hopping over to Pioneer forums to post a cdj3000 issue (track preview doesn’t work out with djm 900 nexus1, djm900 srt, and djm2000 apparently) and reading through the tons of other issues users are having purchasing “flagship” players that cost $700 each more than the Denons, makes this whole loud jog wheel problem (still quieter than the old cdj800/850/900/1000 jog Wheels) seems interesting. :-p

Picky? People have spent around 2500 for 2 media players, they deserve to be picky, especially when being told basically “You win some, you loose some” with regards to the quality of a new product.

Agree 100%. That comment about being picky is ridiculous. And i couldn’t care less about Pioneer. What are people saying? Because another manufacturing has issues we should accept such variance in function of a key part of the equipment. Total nonsense. Denon shouldn’t have been advertising the updated jog functionality as a selling point over the 5000 if it wasn’t going to be implemented correctly. And Denon support sending people back to a retailer when there isn’t stock is a joke.

3 Likes

Just to be clear (you can hear for yourself in the posted videos) the sound on our faulty units was louder than any CDJ player I have previously owned or ever played on. I don’t care what Denon’s response is, these units have something wrong with them. Now, will it cause issues in the future? Who knows? Maybe not. But that’s not the point.

Sorry, I am not trying to cause drama. Like I said, I really do LOVE these decks. But when a hardware issue deserves attention, and the company is basically telling it’s customers to pound sand, a little drama will inevitably ensue. It’s unavoidable. It seems I am the lucky one. I was quickly contacted, RMA authorized, new unit sent out as soon as the faulty one was shipped, and new unit arrived in about a week. Yes, the new unit does exhibit the same behavior (but to a dramatically lesser extent), but at least I wasn’t told I had to deal with it. So, I am grateful. I just wish Y’all could have the same experience.

4 Likes

When I buy new wheels and tires I make sure I get it them balanced.

A balancing test on the jogs before leaving the factory? :laughing:

I agree with better factory QA and working out the software as best as possible before release.

I think a fix would be to reset the platter onto the deck and add a tiny bit of non conducting grease like someone mentioned. But why do that on a brand new deck that’s under warranty?

That makes sense for two reasons. The SC6000 was announced almost a year ago and demo models were floating around. Prices generally drop when new products are announced or drop. Also, Pioneer products are always priced much higher than Denon. So the fact that you got less money for a used product when a newer model is hitting the market vs an overpriced old model from a competitor is right on track.

Okay, I am off topic with this. I’m out :v:

Just to close this point and be clear. On the Pioneer gear i lost 20% of cost after 10 years and the decks had long been superseded by newer equipment. Within 22 months i lost almost 40% on the Denon gear when the newer model hasn’t even made it to market in numbers. The Pioneer decks were significantly cheaper than the SC5000 in the first place also, so i think that makes your point null and void. But agree, lets stay on topic.

3 Likes

I received today SC6000.Repaired error: Platter makes noises when turning. Findings: the platter brake was not installed properly. Factory defect.

6 Likes

Thats positive that it has been recognised. Does the repaired unit sound and function better?

Works properly. There is no noise anymore. :slightly_smiling_face: sorry for my English :wink:

2 Likes

That’s great news. Any chance you could put a video up for reference to show what a proper installed jog should sound like?

1 Like

BINGO!!!

“It is what it is” sounds even more stupid if this guys report is true. Hope everyone can get theirs sorted asap.

OK tomorrow…

2 Likes