Strange sound coming from platter

Works properly. There is no noise anymore. :slightly_smiling_face: sorry for my English :wink:

2 Likes

That’s great news. Any chance you could put a video up for reference to show what a proper installed jog should sound like?

1 Like

BINGO!!!

“It is what it is” sounds even more stupid if this guys report is true. Hope everyone can get theirs sorted asap.

OK tomorrow…

2 Likes

As soon as my warranty is up, I am going to tear apart the SC6000 myself and figure out what’s going on. I’ve repaired my own CDJs numerous times.

Based on what Adrian has said, it seems like a relatively simple fix.

Hope this helps

1 Like

Glad to hear that you got it sorted.

Is this for the craping or the gear noise?

Scrape Sound and gear noise

“Platter-Bremse war nicht gut montiert”

:rofl: Brilliant!

Has the repair been carried out by the shop, or InMusic?

This could explain the delays with new stock, recalled to reinstall the brake mechanism

1 Like

The good news is that it looks straight forward and not a complex fix.

Great bit of info. Much appreciated. Glad its sorted for you!

1 Like

That could be the case, obviously a nightmare for Denon but it was always clear something wasn’t right. Hope they can get all of us who already have a defective unit sorted asap. Straight swap once the stock rolls in makes complete sense, nobody wants to be waiting weeks for returns.

1 Like

Post a video of that new platter. :slight_smile:

1 Like

The labour repair looks to cost about 1/3 what denon probably pays to make one :point_up: :laughing:

1 Like

Any chance you could pop up that video showing how the repaired job behaves and sounds?

2 Likes

I would be interested, too!

1 Like

wow… that was simple, it does solve the rattling problem

1 Like

Was that the player needing fixed? What are those screws actually for? Very strange but sounds much better