Show your home DJ booth - Discussions

https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/traktor/digital-vinyl/traktor-scratch-audio-6/specifications/

You can use Traktor effects through your send/return with this interface. Traktor has it as a dedicated feature for external mixers. Traktor ‘as is’ is still a good competing program with the best sound quality of the bunch and the best timecode tracking of the bunch.

You can find out more on the state of Traktor here.

Does that mean I could use the ‘main’ in to record my set from the record out of my mixer?

I could be tempted to flip to Traktor if that’s the case.

Yes. It the same as the sl3 which you can actually still use with traktor on intel Macs (maybe m1 also). Anyone who has a Serato box Should try it with the traktor demo.

Yeah I might give it a go.

Is there an option similar to the DDJ-SP1 for triggering loops, cue points and FX?

It was made since the Traktor Pro 2. It will work for Traktor pro3 the same way.

You can try it with the 30 min at a time demo

Yup, the Kontrol X1 MK2. It’s really affordable and does a lot.

1 Like

Definitely something to consider then, I’m not changing just yet but will add that to the options for future reference.

You’ll have to get Traktor timecode vinyl to test out the dvs though.

1 Like

Oh hey, nice, another Akai Force user. Just snatched mine a few days ago, still getting into it, but loving it so far. The Roland 707 I had before was pretty cumbersome to use, but this beauty is a breeze. Bonus points for sharing the same InMusic roots. Best example are the same 7" screen and Ableton Link via Ethernet. I also plan to sync it with a Prime 4 for hybrid stuff, once I get one.

2 Likes

Please correct if wrong, but isn’t Traktor still not supported for use with Denon SC6000? If so, do you happen to be aware of any word for why that’s still the case two years now after SC6000 was introduced?

Traktor was given the sdk to make hid. Their decision so far was, that this is less important (stated on their forum). So it is up to them To make it happen. Denon gave them all the tools they need to make it.

1 Like

Unfortunately, there is nothing in sight :frowning:

My comment was in response to STU-C’s setup (with DVS, no Denon players).

Unfortunate, but thanks for the info, fellas.

Reason I was asking is I’m being forced (as is countless others) to consider alternative systems to Serato DJ Pro working with Denon SC6000s now that InMusic has decided for some unknown reason to no longer support all of the Serato interfaces (Rane SL2/3/4 and Denon DS1) that unlock Serato DJ Pro for use with analog mixers without offering any other solution to replace those interfaces with.

Everybody says Traktor is behind and is dead. It’s still alive it’s it still has features that are still unmatched till today. There are only focused on there own hardware ecosystem that’s all.

Can you capture live samples and scratch it with Serato?

Can you do this with Serato? I can with my non NI supported gear.

To each his own I guess. Bringing your sl box over to Traktor is not a bad thing. You can at least use your turntables with timecode.

Denon ds1 is still supported.

It’s been discontinued though and only offers 2 channels with no other inputs

It is discontinued but serato support is still there.

I don’t think you can find them anywhere now though… and I like to use the 3rd channel in for recording sets so id lose that ability with a DS1.

True, for the moment anyway, but it’s been discontinued without any announcement for a replacement, and the bigger issue is that it’s only two channels so assuming you can still even find one it’s not a solution for replacing the now obsolete SL3 or SL4.

1 Like

Well, then go to Traktor as I did years ago, and be happy with any sound card, mixer, controller or what ever that You like.

2 Likes