Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

This is not my “home dj booth” but my “portable dj system”. It consists in the Prime GO synced to a Teenage Engineering OP-Z using Ableton Link (via the G-Stomper Rythm Android app). I use the Moukey Mamx1 mixer because I want to pre-listen (cue) the individual channels in the Prime GO, the Master Out and the OP-Z using a single headphones.

The OP-Z output is connected to the Mic input (using a custom-made line-to-mic attenuator) in the Prime GO, because I prefer to control the volume using the mic knob (the aux knob is located in a very uncomfortable position), but with this decision I had to sacrifice the stereo (aux) signal and use a mono (mic) signal, using a custom-made stereo-to-mono-summing cable.

The Prime GO CUE signal is connected to the headset input in the OP-Z (using the iRig2) so I can sample the CUE signal from the Prime GO, and also use the internal samples from the OP-Z (amazing device by the way!!!).

The Prime GO is lifted 1 cm and all the cables (a lot, omg!!) lie below it. The smartphone is only used to sync the two devices via Ableton Link, I do not even look at it. Everything is battery-powered, except the Moukey Mamx1 that is powered using the USB-A port from the Prime GO. The dimensions are 45x38x9 cm approximately, but with the OP-Z I can give that extra “spice” to the songs, really fun.

9 Likes

Some amazing setups here, really nice… mine isn’t actually that relevant to a Denon forum lol. I am looking to add a media player on a stand however, I just wish Denon had an XDJ-700 alternative that was more compact. Ill try and shoehorn an SC5000 into there somehow though I think.

I use a Prime 2 for gigs.

8 Likes

As some of You know, I was rebuilding my attic room to be my music cave/home studio. It is in the making still, but I can share the dj side…

All is still work in progress, but getting there…

10 Likes

Wow! I know this was posted nearly two years ago, but DANG! I had one too!

Along with my FIRST mixer!

Nice MAW graphic :+1:

1 Like

Cheers man, hand painted by my partner who is an artist/art teacher.

1 Like

Still haven’t quite set this up properly as need some bits I’ll get tomorrow

7 Likes

That setup looks cool. I like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got to get it working :see_no_evil:

This thread was way better when it was just pictures of people’s gear, you know, as intended…

True. Sorry I cannot split them to somewhere else really… thinking about how without deleting posts…

Peeps, please stick to the topic subject. Post your booths!! Keep the discussion about a device seen in the pictures to a minimum. This went off to a Traktor DVS Serato topic.

Splitting some stuff to here: Show your home DJ booth - Discussions

Edit: aaaaahhh scrolling gives me more pics than texts… If you want the other way around, follow above link. :wink:

2 Likes

Not feeling this decision at all. What’s the point in simply looking at pictures of people’s kit if you can’t also discuss it? Separate areas for each is convoluted.

1 Like

I already stated you can still discuss things like (I don’t know) lighting, furniture, unknown devices on the photo and maybe some short experience quotes of hardware used. I for one welcome that to learn from each other’s hardware choices!!

But the last 20+ posts wandered off into a DVS Traktor support yes/no discussion… it’s called “show your booth” and it’s nearly the only topic on the whole forum with loads of images to have that criteria.

I could have deleted posts, but chose to spin-off to a directly related new topic.

Ditto!

Oh, okay, I guess I misunderstood what you did. I get it now.

1 Like

I might have moved too much, but tried to keep the posts together otherwise it became unreadable.

I also didn’t want to redirect people to DM each other, as questions and answers might be helpful to everyone. So my discission was to make a spin-off. That was the idea at least… :wink:

It’s like looking into my past. I started with that turntable… QD33?

Didn’t have the money for the 777/999 cd-players, but had the cheaper brothers later; also with jog. Auto Cue ftw

Had several 565 tapedecks as well.

Nice. Can’t beat a great hifi.

Today’s generation with Soundbars and fkn Alexa has sadly killed the need of owning a beautiful sound system.

1 Like

Sounds like a grandpa statement. Sorry, I couldn’t resist. :yum:

1 Like

What speakers are you using?

Brought the Prime Go with me on a flight from CPH to Schipol last week and mixed a bit mid-air :fire:

10 Likes