Show your home DJ booth - Discussions

Crystal clear and would consider them “industry Standard” for music production.

Low end could be a bit deceiving as bass don’t sound as strong as the Adam Audio speakers I’ve got for the Dj set up.

Xone:96 user here! And I previous owned a PX:5. Both are great mixers. I swapped to a 96 because the 4 band eq and extra filter.

4 Likes

The Vibe was a great mixer, but simply needed some little tweaks/updates to make it perfect, which never came. First Dateq I had was the Styx on the left. The last Dateq I had was an XTC2 with serialnumber 013 (handmade unit).

1 Like

Dateq…one of a kind…

I had the Lpm 7.3, 7,4 and the now the styx and the vibe…little to muh?

In the club where I used to play we had the good old Dateq Apollo, 3 technics tt’s and 2 cdj’s 800’s. Whoa… these were fun times :smile:

2 Likes

We also had an Apollo. 2 or 3 Technics, 2 DN-2500F’s etc. We had a Pulsar Masterpiece for DMX and several Clay Paky scanners. Okay stuff back in the day.

3 Likes

Pffffrt, Dateq is a toy compared to my Rodec MX180 :smiley:

Funny how, while technics sl1200 where and international thing, mixers where really local hypes: while the whole of Belgium played on Rodec, The Netherlands sweared by its Dateq mixers :wink:

2 Likes

I think simply because they were local companies.

Dateq is Dutch (like D&R). Rodec is Belgian. Ecler is Spanish.

1 Like

Rodec was also great. I loved the Scratchbox. That was the history, times have changed… we move on…

1 Like

Thank you Stereo Dreamer. You are very knowledgeable on various DJ topics and always give respectful and non-condescending responses. Thank you for informing me my friend.

1 Like

Actually I see “blackavenger” on here is using a Xone 96. I was mainly interested in the DJ setup since many Xone users run external effects units and to get ideas for my setup. Thanks.

Awesome setup! It would be interesting if you could post a Youtube video of you mixing to see and hear how you use your external effects. TIA

Well, I have 2 fx pedals, RMX1000, Boss RC505 and Akai Force running together with my SC6000 and of course Xone 96

1 Like

Try throwing one of these in the chain for vu monitoring of the headphone cue since you’re already adhoc.

vumeter

AIYIMA Music Spectrum LED Audio Level Indicator Amplifier VU Meter Stereo Voice APP Control RGB For Car Player Atmosphere Lamps|Amplifier| - AliExpress

1 Like

Don’t have to be.

@NoiseRiser. What are you going to do with all that?

1 Like

Experimenting, testing new things, learning new things and having fun. Why? I also tour with some stuff. That is only one of couple of my setups…

I have the same Serato CV (British edition) and they look pretty good. I also have the SP-1 but now the SL3 has it’s days numbered it will be harder to integrate a Master Sounds Radius (the ultimate goal this year).

Yeah I like the fact they are individual due to the design, and the sleeve is just mint. I’m back on my black ones now with the increased signal because I’ve found the picture discs don’t track as well (they never did back in the day did they).

And yeah I’m very worried about where this is heading right now, fingers crossed for a new soundcard or a paid update to the drivers. Even a 2 channel card isn’t useful for me as I often use the 3rd input to record my sets directly into Serato.

1 Like

There still is Traktor :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Are their interfaces supported on the latest Mac OS or M1 chip?

Plus I’m a bit dubious about NI, they seem as dead as the rest of them. Both companies more interested in Studio software now.