Show your home DJ booth - Discussions

Definitely considering that, but since learning Traktor still to this day isn’t supported to work with SC6000 I’m kinda stuck at the moment.

Also, please correct if wrong, but Traktor still doesn’t have an equivalent feature of Flip on Serato, does it? That’s a heavily relied on feature for me since I regularly rework tracks on the fly.

PS: I would be happy to ditch all these DVS programs together and go straight with EngineOS on the SC6000s, but it’s lacking critical features so not willing to make that jump yet. Hopefully Denon finally gets their act together on maturing EngineOS so all these non-compatibility headaches will be a thing of the past.

Better for that is sampling with Remix decks - I love this feature since day 1. Making loops from the tracks that are playing on the fly, and then rearrange them as You like…

1 Like

I’d have to study Remix Decks further because from everything I’ve read/watched so far on NI’s forum is it’s a very cool feature, but not quite the same thing as Flip. Thanks for suggestion though. Appreciated. Bigger issue at moment is re-settling on gear that is actually compatible with each other now that Serato is in complete disarray after this interface debacle they’ve gotten themselves into. ■■■■■ because I’ve been a Serato user ever since the advent of Scratch Live (2004).

Edit/ Why is the word “■■■■■” being automatically blacked out here when posted?

Good grief. There it goes again. S U C K S

Give it up. Traktor is too advanced for for most who just use ‘standard software’ :yawning_face:

I feel for Serato users and their break out box loss. I remember when official driver support was dropped for my audio8 but not cut off from the software. I didn’t like it either but at least there is still a work around to use it with intel machines and can still use it with the latest version Traktor. Serato just cut it off completely when It could be still used on most machines.

Do we need to be getting into a petty Serato vs Traktor war?

Is there a petty? So far an good, open discussion.

"Give it up. Traktor is too advanced for for most who just use ‘standard software’ "

Im not sure this is particularly relevant to the discussion.

Well, as we seen many people have issues with basic software like engine dj… and we tracked a lot of user errors on the forum and on social media. Serato is mostly plug and play and hid driven when it goes for controllers. But Traktor gives a lot of flexibility, and with that comes a bit more complex handling. But still basics are the same… but somehow people get lost still…

Hey, I was talking to NoiseRiser. :upside_down_face:.

You could’ve quoted me offering my condolence too. :cry:

It’s not a Traktor vs. Serato war. Just offering a safe haven for abandoned sl boxes untill something new pops up. Hope a new box comes out for y’all.

Yeah im going to hang on for a bit longer but will seriously consider buying an NI audio interface if InMusic don’t sort themselves out.

I wish they would just do an expansion pack for Serato that keeps the drivers up to date and charge us 50 quid or whatever.

I still use Traktor for DVS.

You can sync Traktor to your SC6000s in standalone mode - using Ableton Link. It’s not the perfect solution (that would be Traktor HID support on the 6000s) but it’s not bad either. Also, Traktor has a deck live input. You can route your 6000s through Traktor to use its very powerful effects on the Denon’s signal. It will introduce a very slight latency, though.

1 Like

I have Serato, my Akai amx unlocks it and my sc5000m works hid.

Here’s a Serato set up pic.

Here’s the traktor version.

You notice that Traktor uses any audio interface for timecode look a the wiring on the amx but on the other hand Serato offers hid for my deck with a simpler hook up.

Here’s a screen capture from the Serato forum that made my day :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

They did? I thought that was an Apple and Serato issue. Can’t you still just either not update your Macbook or Serato, or even hook an SL box to a Windows computer and use any other DJ software?

It was a trifecta :clinking_glasses:.

It still works with other software on intel computers up to Big Sur on Macs and Windows 11 for pc. Afaik.

Hey Kevin, is this straightforward to do and is there a blueprint anywhere? I have SC6000 and not being able to connect them to Traktor is frustrating. Any help is massively appreciated.

Thanks, Nick

What You want to achieve?

Activate Ableton Link in Traktor and on the SC6000s and press sync. That’s about it.

1 Like

Thanks for coming back to me mate. I’ve got Link enabled on both my SC6000’s and clicked ‘Link’ on Traktor, however, sc6000 is showing 0 Link connections. Sorry if I’m missing the point here but would would this give ability to read/play songs direct from my laptop? Not sure if I’m not understanding something. (Appreciate your help).

Are you using a windows computer?

1 Like

Hey mate, no, Macbook. I’ve updated Traktor software version to latest one too.