What was the last DJ related item you bought?

I have to agree with blackavenger. In particular I’ve noticed both Stu-c and DJ-alzy commenting on a bunch of posts pushing their opinions as gospel. Just because you don’t want or need a feature doesn’t mean other people don’t. If you want less features just don’t use them, no one cares. And yes, suggesting someone just wants gear because it’s expensive is kind of an asshole move.

3 Likes

Yes I do. However, in real life, you’d simply walk away from another opinion. Online it isn’t that easy.

The problem is that both are entitled to an opinion. A basic or must-have feature can be an unnecessary feature to others etc… Both parties could mark it as spamming the forum; depends on what “side” you’re on.

When it turns into topic or person stalking, we should all refrain from doing that to keep this a somewhat happy place.

Back on-topic: Has anyone bought a DJ related item recently?

2 Likes

I only came here because I bought a Denon Prime 2 and needed some info on it… if I was a dupe account of some previously banned person, why would I be sharing my Mixcloud page etc.

Tbh this forum has served its usefulness to me and it’s basically just like any other forum on the internet, full of whiners who have nothing better to do than complain about products they either own, or don’t want to own but need to tell the world how bad they are. This forum is no different in that respect and honestly, I won’t be spending any more time here unless I have a technical query.

Stu you’re being a dick, glad to see you’ll be gone soon.

2 Likes

I bought some RCA cables if that counts…maybe next week I finally take out the DJ stuff from boxes and improvise a dj booth in my current apartment, who knows… :smiley:

He may be but…you know, there is some truth in his words, no point in denying.

1 Like

A little sad to see how this topic has derailed.

We live in strange and stressful times. Wouldn’t it be nice if people came here to enjoy their spare time and help each other out with their DJ related challenges instead of fighting over it?

If you’re changing your equipment like underwear, fine by me. If you can motivate yourself with the same gear for years, that’s admirable. Why fight over it? The result is the same. You have fun doing the very same thing, just with different tools.

The last semi-DJ-related item I bought was a pair of Sony WH-1000XM4 noise-canceling headphones. I don’t use them for mixing, but for crate-digging while doing some housework.

6 Likes

Is this topic for ANY dj related item or just audio?

I’ve got nothing g more to buy for audio as I’m using prime SC + X into Bose speakers. Only an expensive repair, like a dropped deck is going to get me looking at new audio.

For lighting, the disco world has gone stagnant for the last few years so I’ve only bought new gobos for my moving heads this year.

Bingo! Those two in particular. Just chill. Don’t worry about what I do with my money. Worry about your own ■■■■. I don’t see you calling out Darren Deep or Stereodreamer for having Condesa mixers without accompanying multi-thousand dollar sound systems. Nope, just me. I stand by my statement, you’re just a douchebag, STU-C! It’s a shame too, because like I said, I enjoyed your mixes and selection.

1 Like

I enjoy reading posts about the boutique mixers. Even though i don’t see myself buying one yet.

There’s levels to everything

I wonder why people fly first class and go into the first class lounges …. They should be in economy. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Back on topic.

I bought this…

What’s funny is that Denon SC6Ks already offer this functionality without the need for 3rd party gadgets such as this. But, it does work a treat. It also retains “Touch Cue” functionality. Since I do not have a Pioneer mixer, once I bought this, it was the first time I really got to experience that feature. And boy is it cool.

I also bought this…it’s only one deck for now. I just thought it was cool to show the SC6KM from platter-less, to fully assembled.

5 Likes

He was triggered by someone here posting the gear they had boubht and launched into a number of diatrabes against some perceived problem, which is not represented in this thread. So no, I don’t think he has a point worth discussing at all.

In general it is preferred to discuss what is actually happening in a thread, and things people actually said, instead of bringing whatever external grievences you have into it.

2 Likes

I’ve just bought the SoundSwitch interface after someone posted in here that stock was in at DJkit. £25, absolute bargain. Can’t believe how good the auto scripting for SoundSwitch actually is, after creating me own light show using Freestyler many moons ago. Now thinking of coming out of retirement and getting our night back up and running just to get the full lighting rig in action.

3 Likes

The device still has Monster support, right?! :wink: You should have gone with the Plus btw.

1 Like

I remember a friend of mine buying one of these around 10 or so years ago. I never got to play with it until around two years back as they had them in the Dubai Mall (Virgin Megastore). I think they was branded as something else back then (Go DJ?)

A fun quirky bit of kit.

Here is the bigger version… GoDJ Plus portable — when more is still less • DJWORX

What is the CPU on this tiny PC? What version of Win is it running?

So it’s a little beast :slight_smile: And what graphics does it have?

So to run a small Show on DMX with MA on PC or Onyx on PC will do :slight_smile:

Software for DMX control.

Well, Onyx is more resource consuming, as I use videos to run pixel mapping. So eventually Videos are running the light show as fx generators for color and dimmer.

Soundswitch micro USB dongle!!!

1 Like