What is the proper method to add update prime collection from hard drive?

I have a collection of music in prime and it has been anbalized by prime and then exported onto my thumb drive to play on my prime 4 controller. great.

now when i get new music and download onto my computer i add them to my music collection file on my PCs hard drive. I have in that file different genres so when i get new music i put the new songs into the appropriate genre files. simple tight?

Now I want to get those files with the new music to update on prime collection so I can pout them onto my thumbdrive and DJ some new music. Simple right? its not… i do not see any way to sync prime to the hard drive file am i missing something? what is the correct method

1 Like

Have You tried Sync manager?

It syncs your PC/Mac Engine Library with whatever external hard drive or usb stick.

1 Like

I have the same question. How do you maintain the Library? This is not about syncing the Engine Library to the USB.

I would like to sync the Engine Library with some specific local folders, or a folder with sub-folders. Whenever I add new music to the local folders it would be nice if the software can also update the Engine Library. Preferably with a menu option to start the sync.

I work around this by dragging the same folder to my Library again, this will find the new songs. But it will not automatically remove missing (removed/moved) songs. They are marked Red and you need to manually remove them.

Am I overlooking a local sync this feature or perhaps an option to clear all missing songs?

At this moment there is no option for clear or find relocated missing tracks. This is a request for this feature here: https://community.enginedj.com/t/relocate-missing-tracks-engine-dj-desktop/36808/133

@DrLastContaQt Thanks a lot for sharing the link to the feature request. Interesting discussion.

1 Like

There is 3rd party tool that You might look at: Tuneup PRIME - Library Management Toolkit for Windows & macOS - Create smart playlists, relocate your tracks, and more!

Thanks, I will definitely look into that!

1 Like

Have you tried this> I don’t know why they call this an “All-in-one Standalone System” because it is misleading. My son bought a Prime4 and I put a hard drive in it then initialized and put his music on the hard-drive updated it to 2.4.0 when he first got it. The short story is that he is in a secure unit and will be there for a few years so I will have to help him with updating etc. I am annoyed that he cannot do this using an sd card as he is not allowed access to a USB stick. The most annoying thing is that making a playlist with music from an sd card is apparently not possible. I worked out that an sd card with fast read and write speeds makes it possible to do this operation. We are in the first stage of trying this out but unfortunately, I can only visit him once a week. I can let you know but it will take a few weeks.

@James_McFarlane I think you tried to link to you own topic here: How I an going to update to v3.0.0 without a computer

?