How I an going to update to v3.0.0 without a computer

I don’t know why they call this an “All-in-one Standalone System” because it is misleading. My son bought a Prime4 and I put a hard drive in it then initialized and put his music on the hard-drive updated it to 2.4.0 when he first got it. The short story is that he is in a secure unit and will be there for a few years so I will have to help him with updating etc. I am annoyed that he cannot do this using an sd card as he is not allowed access to a USB stick. The most annoying thing is that making a playlist with music from an sd card is apparently not possible. I worked out that an sd card with fast read and write speeds makes it possible to do this operation. We are in the first stage of trying this out but unfortunately, I can only visit him once a week.

As for updating the firmware: Put the img-file in the USB-drive or SD-card. Via settings reboot to update.

As for updating music: you cannot copy from USB/SD to internal SSD atm.

You can download the update img file to a pluggable/external hard-drive and use that instead to do the update.

Sorry took so long to get back. Thanks, Reese that did the trick.

Thanks, Mufasa. Did the trick.

Great. Mark as solved.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.