Tuneup PRIME - Library Management Toolkit for Windows & macOS - Create smart playlists, relocate your tracks, and more!

A library management toolkit for Denon Engine PRIME :headphones:

Not actively maintained

:books: Documentation

:minidisc: Download

:star2: Features

• Easy to use graphic interface
  • Smart playlists
    • Generate playlists based off of easily configurable rules
    • Filter tracks based on album, file type, and more
    • Use different operators to filter attributes including Regex
    • Logically group filters with and & or
    • Smart playlist definition example
  • Track relocation
    • Relocate missing tracks
    • Provide a folder to search for tracks in
  • Library consolidation
    • Move all your tracks into one folder
  • Automatically backs up library before running
  • Supports Engine 2.1.x
  • Cross platform - Windows & macOS

You can find more screenshots in the documentation!

9 Likes

I have a question on the subject of “smart playlist”

If I create a smart playlist and later add tracks to the collection, will these tracks be automatically added to this list with the parameters of the smart list?

That’s actually the point of a smart list so that you don’t have to manually add everything to certain playlists for new tracks

or do I have to run TuneUP PRIME anew every time with new tracks?

This is how it works with Rekordbox and Traktor

Sadly it’s impossible make it work like it does in Rekordbox and Traktor.

Part of the problem is that Engine puts a write lock on the database while it’s open so it’s impossible to do anything until Engine is closed.

What I can maybe do is allow the app to be run via a shortcut which just updates the smart playlists instead of opening the UI. That would save a few clicks.

Another option could be having tuneup run in the background and automatically update your playlists whenever you close Engine.

At the end of the day though, it takes less than 30 seconds to open tuneup and generate your playlists.

I had another question: If I move a playlist that I created with Tuneup in the main directory into a subfolder in Engine - is that possible or does it cause problems?

Or do I have to specify the subfolder in the editor when creating the playlist?

If so, what should the command line look like?

If I want more than one smartlist- do I have to config them in the same tuneup.yaml file? or gets every smartlist his own .yaml file?

solved- it works

Hello, I’m new here and unfortunately I don’t know the programming language. I would like to create a smartlist with the following parameters: Rating: *** stars and comment = BLUE

Maybe someone could post the command line for a moment, that would be very nice For example, I don’t know how to enter the number of stars in the rating - as a number? What should the command look like for a desired decade, for example 2009-2011?

Many thanks for your help

Currently, all your smart playlists are generated at the root. You can move them wherever, but Engine might have problems if multiple playlists with the same name exist. I’m going to add support for generating the playlists under whatever folders you want.

You shouldn’t be using the command line. Just launch the app.

Just one file. Make sure you’ve read the examples.

I just discovered there’s actually a bug with filtering on rating. The way you currently have to filter on the rating field is a bit weird too. I’ll get a patch out to fix this.

Once the patch is out, this is how you would do this (I’ll expand the examples in the patch too):

Edit: v2.1.0 is out with support for this.

smartPlaylists:
  - name: Test
    rules:
      and:
        - [comment, equals, blue]
        - [rating, '=', 3]
and:
  - [year, '>=', 2009]
  - [year, '<=', 2011]

Thanks for help

1 Like

Hi Shayded,

I tried your settings

Smartlists “Test” works fine

but when I will create another second list instead of “blue” comment named “red” it doesn’t work- got a failure message

wehre is my mistake?

The year commands like your example doesn’t work- got a failure message

What also doesn’t work is my genre list: -name: House

-rules:

-and: - [genre, equals, House]

1 Like

Please send me your full config file and the error message to shayded@shayded.com.

Feature request:

Analyze library to add genres to music based on track title and artist

Just wanted to update that I’ve been on a bit of a break for personal reasons. Apologies for the radio silence. I hope to be back to providing updates within a month.

4 Likes

Been a bit longer than expected. Don’t worry, the project is not dead.

I’m going to EDC for a much needed escape and plan to release an update shortly after to ensure full compatibility with Engine 2.0. There’s no known issues with the release yet, but I also haven’t tested it since a few betas ago.

Lastly, the license server is currently having issues on the host’s side of things. If you are having trouble activating, please email your license key to shayded@shayded.com and I’ll promptly respond with an activated license file.

Thank you to everyone for the support <3

For me when I try to start 14d trial it gives me “Failed to start trial”. My internet is fine and no firewall blocks it. :frowning:

Shoot me an email at shayded@shayded.com and I’ll send you a trial license.

Does this program still work? I tried to activate the 14 day trial and it doesn’t do anything. Maybe Monterey or Engine DJ update issues?

Please read the thread.

Hey Shayed

I noticed that the smartlists that I created under Engine 1.6 also work under 2.02.

But: When I create new smarlists they appear in TuneUp but are not visible in the Engine Brower afterwards

Do you have any idea?

thanks

Holger

Addition:

After restarting Engine 2-4 times the playlists are there- don’t no why…

Too bad you did not compile a release for Linux, given that it’s an electron app…

1 Like

I’ve committed a fix for this bug and will be releasing it soon.

Engine DJ isn’t available for Linux though so why would you need to use Tuneup for it?

I can look into compiling a Linux version if it would be useful for you though.

1 Like

That is true, and hopefully one day that will change, given that I am pretty sure Engine OS runs on Linux on the hardware (I mean what else these days would it run on), and Engine DJ uses QT library and SVG. I run Engine DJ through wine on Linux, although I still have issues I need to weed out.

Good to know you would be willing to do that; I’ll let you know once ti have Engine DJ working better.

Cheers

1 Like