Touch screen sometimes not responding

funny that, both of mine that were returned had damaged platters,no issues or damge before i sent them, apparently damage caused by the plugs denting them, both players had new pcb bits fitted and the one that had a screen freeze issue received a new screen, it also came back damaged and the screen lasted 5 mins before failing completely, so again for the third time a player is going back, at this rate ill be lucky if any of it works …lol

I first sent it back in October for repair and it was returned back to me last Friday.

Dent on the platter. Touch screen frozen after about an hr of use.

I spoke to the retailer who have been fantastic trying to sort this out, the report said inmusic had tested it and found no fault even though I attached a video of the screen freezing.

The sc6000 I purchased in October 2020 has been flawless not had any problems with it.

I just got my SC6000 yesterday and today I first experienced my screen freezing. It is very unsettling for me to see that this problem has been around for some time, still with no apparent solution in sight.

After reading some of the experiences in this thread, where people have sent their player for repairs twice and still experiencing problems, I am very close to just send the player to the retailer for my money back. For this price, I don‘t want any hassle regarding recurring repairs. It‘s a shame, since I thought Denon was at the point where they can actually stand up to Pioneer, but quality obviously still has its price.

If anyone has a fix or workaround for this problem, I would love to know about it. Cheers!

1 Like

My touch was not working today for the first time on one of my sc6k. Had to long press the poweroff button to reboot the device (forgot about keyboard). The player had the source in it but thanks to the buffering, it was no hustle to restart the unit. Touchscreen worked again after restart but my second player had problems to find the source and has needed a restart aswell - which is maybe more a bug with engine connect.

But regarding to the touch freeze, the only change was the update to 2.4.0.

It happens all the time with one of my SC6000 players. The screen freezes sometimes, but only when I use the scrollbar. The issue doesn’t show on the other SC6000 player.

1 Like

I’m getting this issue as well (on both my SC6000M), I am using a USB. I wanted to check now that it has been sometime since you posted. Have you got the issue again with the SSD?

@anthony_DDJ would you be able to assist me as this issue is ongoing and decks are quite new? TIA

I don’t think Anthony works here again …haven’t seen any posts in like forever

Since there’s still a few posts on this topic now and then, just commenting that I haven’t had this issue for a long time now. So I assume that whatever was causing it has been fixed in one of the numerous updates since I first got my decks. If people are still having the issue, perhaps a firmware update would sort things out.

I have been having this problem with only one of my sc6000m decks… the other has never once had a problem. Denon replaced the deck… still the same problem and only on one of the decks… i am running identical usb keys with identical file sets. I have literally disconnected the deck links and labelled each deck as deck 1 in the settings and also made sure the settings on the players are identical … no dice… why is only one of the decks doing this? This makes no sense. Tech support stopped replying to our email conversation weeks ago

If the decks share the same position then maybe cause is external?

So i noticed today that on the left side of the player is an air intake vent… i run a very hot zone 96 next to it… wondering it its sucking in heat and freezing the screen… which might explain why only deck 2 is doing it… gonna swap the players left to right for tomorrow’s set… if the offending deck still does it on the left side of the mixer im gonna light them on fire and @defectedrecords… this crap is driving me nuts! Restarted deck 2 twice today… stressful

I am also having this issue on SC6000, only seems to happen on the deck with my USB stick connected, only after I use the scroll bar on the right side of the display. Latest firmware on everything. Happens very consistently, I have to reboot the deck at least once per set (2-3 hours) to get rid of it. Only fix I’ve found is to not use the scroll bar, but doesn’t it seem kinda bad that you just can’t use a feature of the decks because of an annoying issue like this, and there is no fix or remedy in sight from Denon…

If the slider on the right triggers the issue, it is a hardware failure. Some of my friends shipped their decks to service with this problem, they all got replaced displays as a fix. After this, the issue never showed up again.

Jogs I’m not so sure. But the screen is a capacitive touch screen, like the ones used on smartphones which don’t need calibration. I think the CDJs need calibration because they still use older, resistive touch screens. Both have their advantages and disadvantages, but IMO the weak points of capacitive screens have improved so much throughout the years that almost nobody uses them anymore, not even ATMs around here.

I’ve made a support ticket for this issue over a month ago and haven’t received a response. Is this typical? Should I wait until the live chat is open?

If you’re outside of the US you’re meant to go through your retailer to arrange having faults looked at and repaired.

Same Issue!

I WILL RETURN JUNK TO JUNKYARD, where It belongs…

Screen freezing is an issue that has persisted since the launch of all Prime equipment. My screens freeze at some point every time I use them, however 2 weeks ago I felt like taking my phone out to record it during a wedding; see here: https://www.youtube.com/shorts/Nn0HzIcoYdU

Only with terribly slow media eg: cheap brands of usb sticks etc