Touch screen sometimes not responding

Hi, Since I have upgraded to firmware 1.6.0 I am experiencing the exact the same touch issue. Yes, I can confirm that I touched the right scroll bar before my SC6000 get’s totally unresponsive.

Is this a known bug? Will it be fixed?

1 Like

This just happened to me on one of my SC6000Ms running 1.6.1… Whatever the bug is, it causes the digitizer on the display panel to become completely unresponsive. I had to load subsequent tracks using the physical buttons. Eventually had to restart the unit in the middle of the mix. Hope the Denon devs know what the issue is and have a fix coming out quick!

Not fixed , just noticed the same on one of my sc6000’s if I use the right hand scroll bar when browsing a crate it renders the touch screen inoperable, can’t power it off then :+1: Firmware 2.0.0

I had the same issue with one of mine I’ve had to send it back.

The deck was purchased in January this year so could it be an issue with the batch that was manufactured.

funny mine was from approximately that time period also…mmmmmm

Odd that people are still having this same issue when it hasn’t happened to me for a long time now. Since roughly the start of this year. As mentioned in my last post the only difference I can think of is that it hasn’t happened since I started using an internal SSD drive rather than an external USB. I don’t know if that is coincidence or if it’s significant.

I think I have found my issue, in engine lighting on my sc6000, if I have to touch the settings cog in the very top right of the screen this causes the screen to stop responding, the reason I have not noticed this before is if you don’t use engine lighting then in normal use there is no icon to touch in the that top right position, so I may have had this issue without knowing. I have emailed support last week and again today but so far no response from them

Try to use right edge of the screen. Just touch in random moments. See if that also causes the freez up.

Yep that does it, it staggers when using the scroll bar as well, I have soundswitch issues as well where engine does not connect to the other player and then retrying to start stop causes crashes,I’m not sure where the issues are, hardware/ software etc, I have so many

I had experience with my friends sc6000 that had issues with display. Touching on the random part of right edge of the screen cased the touch to stop responding. Even when touched it on the waveform.

Mine would be fine for hrs then freeze, l’ve had no problem with the one I purchased October 2020.

The player has been returned for repair

I have been asked for my players to be returned to my retailer, trouble is it’s at my cost😡 If I don’t send them insured it’s only £18, but that’s risky as they cost £2500, So with insurance it’s a total of £160. That’s not fair if they are faulty, I can’t drive them back as it’s a 7hr round trip. I know the issue is the retailers warranty procedure, but surely Denon can cover the costs. Next time I have £3500 to spend, I won’t use that retailer or denon again.

Hey @Djmattyshizzle - Sorry to hear you’re running into some issues. I’m happy to check in on this for you if you’d like. Could you DM me your support ticket number, email, and phone number. I’ll be happy to look into this.

1 Like

Mine was returned to whybuynew 5 weeks ago and forward on to inmusic for a cost of £10.

I not heard anything regarding the repair or replacement.

if it only cost a TENNER to send back, did you insure the player for its full value? for me to send back insured that would of cost £135.

No didn’t get it insured

Where are you sending yours back to.

i had to return 2 faulty sc6000’s, denon service/repair agreed to pick them up directly from me instead of me sending to my retailer to then send back to denon, saved me a fortune as i would not have sent them un-insured, the risk was too great.

Mine was sent and returned still faulty and damaged.

Sent back again yesterday.

Was it the plug damaging the platter by any chance?

The platter was damaged…

And the touch screen failed again.