Tidal Playlists Showing Empty

Hello everyone, There was an API change on Tidalā€™s service which causes songs to no longer populate. Weā€™re currently working with Tidal to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

This has nothing to do with the version of EOS being run, so upgrading/downgrading will not resolve this issue.

As pointed out, search appears to still function, so Tidal can still be used using this workflow.

Thank you for your understanding in the meanwhile,

Vince + the EOS team

4 Likes

Thanks, Vince! Can you estimate how long it will take to resolve the issue (hours, days, weeks)?

2 Likes

Nice that you are fixing it ā€” terrible that Tidal broke an existing API instead of introducing a new variantā€¦ :face_vomiting:

Estimated fix time would be greatly appreciated. I recently bought the Prime Go to upgrade/replace my Pioneer DDJ 400 and this is just one more frustration in a string of them since I bought it (ex. analyzing tracks doesnā€™t consistently save key to storage deviceā€¦what?!). I put together several playlists this past weekend for a house party Iā€™m DJing at tonight, and now Iā€™m stuck going back to my DDJ 400 because my Prime Go is useless. The search function isnā€™t a feasible way to actually put together a mix, we need playlists available.

This is why DJs should not be relying totally on a streaming service. Do you not have any of your own music on the Go?

5 Likes

Also happening to me on my SC6000s

Iā€™ve used Tidal as my streaming service for years. So I donā€™t have much music that I own outright that I can put on USB/SD unfortunately. Itā€™d be awesome if Tidal allowed for that, especially given how they are marketing the integration with Denon and other DJ platforms. I can store music locally on my cell phone via Tidal, I donā€™t see the difference with using local storage for DJing. Iā€™m not a pro DJ, I DJ for fun with friends/family. So Iā€™m not motivated to pay for additional services or own music outright just to have the ability to put it on SD/USB.

1 Like

I donā€™t think offline storage will be coming to Tidal any time soon, as itā€™s primarily a consumer service.

On the other hand, Beatsource Link (assuming youā€™re an ā€˜open formatā€™ DJ) does allow offline storage. Itā€™s just not integrated into the Denon hardware yet.

If youā€™re DJing at all, regardless of pro/non pro, you should try and have at least some purchased music that you can play - just for safety. Itā€™s NOT about being old (kradcliffe) itā€™s about having a backup plan. Things donā€™t always ā€œjust workā€, no matter what they are.

2 Likes

Not good at all. I have a gig this weekend and had my playlist ready. What a bummer.

In addition to Tidal I also use zipdj. All my music from there is on a TB back up drive that I use with my mixstream pro.

Sorry but this made me cackle.

This is going to to ā– ā– ā– ā–  but if you have to you can bring your phone to reference tidal playlists and then on the player manually search for them and load them. That was working for me last night

1 Like

MP3? Vinyl! in the 70ā€™s I had two technics turntables and a cross-faderā€¦ my how times have changed. :older_man:

1 Like

I did something similar. Annoying but I worked around it.

1 Like

Agreed , a bit misleading this issue is ā€œfixedā€ when infarct itā€™s only ā€œidentifiedā€. For sure a timeframe would be more useful

Tidal service has been restored.

Thank you for your patience and understanding while we worked with Tidal to resolve this issue.

Now take those 90 million tracks and rock the weekend :slight_smile:

Vince + the EOS team.

8 Likes

Awesome! Thanks to the team for being on it

this is a tired perspective ā€” a service included in the product they paid for doesnā€™t work. Complaining about it is totally reasonable. ā€œyou also need to be prepared with backup tracks all the time otherwise stfuā€ is not helpful, is not empathetic, and is weirdly defensive.

Thatā€™s not what I said. Iā€™m offering advice based on my many decades of DJing experience. Having a backup plan makes total sense. Itā€™s not ā€œdefensiveā€ to offer advice to others.

I didnā€™t say people shouldnā€™t complain either. By all means report the problem. Itā€™s the part about the equipment being useless and/or not being able to do gigs because of it that Iā€™m commenting on.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.