Stands and desks

Thanks @Chris_S, how is it attached, Did you bolt it to the Kallax or is it just floating?

Just sits on top and pushed tight against the wall, also cut out 4 holes at the back for cables, it sticks out a bit further than the kallax, but needed somewhere to have my keyboard, so bought a pullout one, and the Prime 4 and speakers all fit nicely on top

2 Likes

Cheers for this, Looks good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi guys,

It’s been a while. I never actually got around to buying a workstation for my gear. I’ve just brought two plx 500s to add to my set up. I’m looking at the Lagkapten 200-60 with 3 trestles. Do you lads reckon it’s strong enough to hold,

2x plz 500, sc6000, lc6000 and a 4 channel mixer?

Cheers in advance.

Is the table top the Lagkapten? Cheers

I think the one I used was called Linmon, but the one you mention is a similar product.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply @ Revan I had to put my entire life on hold due to family member being very ill. All is ok now so I’m getting this done!

I’ve ordered Lagkapten plus 3 trestles like yours and mufasa’s. Was slight apprehensive as people say Lagkapten is made of paper. But if you think it’s ok I’ll keep my order.

Will the trestle legs be stable on carpet? Thanks again to everyone who jumped on here to help me. I know it’s been months since I replied!

This is what I brought absolute newbie with DIY and IKEA, so appreciate help here.

Seems table top has pre drilled holes. Which is great.

This might seem like a stupid question and it probably is but do the Trestles come with screws to fix to table top or do I need to pop to hardware store?

Cheers

I can’t say for the top you purchased, mines didn’t, but to be fair unless you have an absolute bull in your house, when your gear is on them it’s not going anywhere.

IIRC the trestles have rubber grips for holding the table top better.

2 Likes

This is reassuring, did the Trestles come with screws for fixing it to the table top? Cheers

1 Like

No, and to be honest i wouldn’t have used screws to secure it, with 2 SC6000s, 2 LC 6000s and an X1850 it’s not going anywhere.

Now, if you had several pints of Jagermeister and fell against it, i’m sure it would movea bit, don’t overthink it dude, it will be 100%.

But look, fire away with any questions you have if you need a steer. :+1:

1 Like

Ah I see so it’s literally set up legs and it floats. Ok I might put some small screws in to secure it. Thanks for the reply! I’ll post my set up when it’s done :sunglasses:

Just be careful.

The IKEA desk tops tend to be hollow cores with several support battens built inside.

If you are not careful you could really make a mess very quickly, I genuinely would forgo the screws and let it float, there really is no need for fixings.

1 Like

Thanks, I will take your advice and not screw it…

I’m reading that the lagkapten is not so strong so I cancelled my order. My search goes on… :partying_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

Moin @TranceVoyageSessions,

what do you think about to browse at / visit a building centre?

If you want to deposit your equipment freestanding, this may solve your challange:

put a platen on it like this:

then you can paint it as you want

I myself fixed my gear as a rack with screws in the wall, fixed a kitchen working plate on it and paint in grey.

Good luck and enjoy your assembling hour (s).

Brgds BeatMaster

1 Like

Thanks the IKEA ones I ordered were similar. I went off the idea. And cancelled. Probably just going to take a punt on 2x Kallax at some point. I have so much vinyl now I kind of need a unit anyway!

1 Like

Because of my LC6000 I was wondering which desk will fit at home. at first I wanted to get the Kallax, but I needed a little bit more space for my AKAI Force. So I decided to buy the Glorious DJ Mixstation:

Then I bought a white plate 1,88m x 0,5m (x 0,022m thickness) and mounted it with the original screws. I changed the shipped plate with my plate.

I attached a picture. I’m still working on it, but it seems to be nice.

Video:

3 Likes

Not too bad of a size that.

I have a Kallax with a Prime 4 and two SC5000Ms on it. I’ll most probably need to extend the top slightly to get the 1210s on at some point but it’s fine for now. The Kallax would give you about the same length and you can pop to the Circular Hub within an IKEA store (usually at the very end near the tills) and get some cheap wooden tops.

Looking great!

1 Like

This a great solution, looks great mate.

I’ve actually finally found the solution I’m after it’s only taken 8 months to find….

I don’t know a great deal about the company, but they are UK based and are using Wood as oppose to particle board.

Looks a solid piece of furniture. And in my opinion they look sweet. Cheers for all help over past few months guys. I’ll share the company I’ve found. Im sure others will be interested.

2 Likes