Stands and desks

I also have the Glorious Gigbar, with 2 x PLX-1000, a 4 channel club style mixer, and a laptop stand with a Mac.

That’s some heavy gear, but the Gigbar has no issues carrying it – it is very sturdy.

Also, the shelf is big, and there are holes for cables management. I definitely recommend it.

1 Like

As promised - hope this gives an idea :blush:

1 Like

@TranceVoyageSessions Yep thats exactly what i’ve used, I just used more legs in the middle to take the weight but thats because of my vinyl. You can also cut holes in the top at the back back to accomadate cables if it’s going against a wall

1 Like

That looks perfect to me, didn’t even realise they made one with an under frame.

1 Like

They do overhang a little. I’ll send a photo of mine pretty soon. I’ve just woken up but will let you know.

1 Like

Thanks for this @KrisONeil, it is super tight on space at the back isn’t it. Might be ok with shorter mixer.

Ok, first of all thanks for all the suggestions and feedback here guys.

So it looks like I have 3 viable options.

IKEA bench with trestles

Pros - fits all my gear and more should I wish to add. Has great depth. Room for feet and knees.

Cons - price £160 plus for the item plus delivery charge £50 and another £50 for the extra leg for support. It’s massive.

IKEA Kallax with legs

Pros - price £150 for the unit and delivery. By all accounts given here it can take plenty of weight. Fits all my gear length ways. Space for displaying stuff. Seems to be a favourite here and among the wider DJ community.

Cons- it’s a narrow 39cm the Sc600 are 43cm, possibly major overhang on the back. Not so much space for the dancing DJ.

Glorious gig bar,

Pros - Look’s, it is designed specifically with DJs in mind, dedicated cable management, has room for feet legs. Fits snug into space I have in my lounge. Will look class.

Cons - price £270, it’s is not big enough for my current setup. I’d have to buy a baby pioneer or Xone 23 to tie me over for now. This adds a whopping £350 to the cost. Doesn’t look like it’s possible to mount stands for speakers or Multimedia players. Chunky Neo XLR with a large mixer could be a problem.

My thoughts, get the Kallax with legs, try it for now if it works out that’s great. Get a 4 channel mixer in the future. When I have a mixer I can then go ahead and buy the glorious mix bar, and just move the Kallax into my bedroom and use it as a shelving.

Just one final question on the Kallax though…

If I don’t have it against a wall. Will it wobble? I intend to put my speakers on stands behind it.

Again many thanks to everyone who’s jumped in to help me.

1 Like

No wobble on mine at all. They are light but don’t move.

Excuse the mess. I’m relocating stuff and just had to throw things in as we have a new arrival any day now.

There’s room for a few Hue Play Bars with that (based on a SC5000M

1 Like

IIRC the box for kallax is not that big, so if it’s possible to even collect you can save some money, or if you have a friend, family member or neighbour to collect for you.

2 Likes

Thanks for taking for me, looks like they fit fine. I’m probably going to go with the Kallax for now.

Cheers everyone,

Will order one up and post a picture of the end results :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Enjoy them dude, it’s a really solid [yet lightweight] unit, should last for years if looked after.

Now i just hope my wife doesn’t look @MrWilks Kallax with the white bottom or that will be on her shopping list :laughing:

2 Likes

They didn’t do that darker one when I first ordered and now they do!

I’m not even sure why I went for that colour as my other one is the dark chocolatey brown one. Different room and decided to mix things up.

The Prime 4 “just” fits.

Ha ha, treat her to one… and then use it for your decks…

I’m getting black with white legs. Or pure white. Waiting for pay day :wink:

1 Like

My lockdown stream station :sweat_smile:

Thats the expedit and have had it for like 10 years now.

1 Like

Where is the cable management? :disguised_face: :crazy_face:

We have the bigger 5x5 Kallax next to this one and that’s all in white with the white legs too. Kinda made me wish I’d gone for the white 4x2 Kallax but hey ho.

:grinning:

What’s that :joy:

On the stream

CAM 1 - Pointing at the DJ from the front

CAM 2 - overhead on the decks

CAM 3 - side view

1 Like

Nicely hidden then. :sunglasses:

Just one last question guys I promise…

What’s the top shelf being used by @Chris_S, and how do I attach? Does it just float on top?

Cheers

1 Like

@TranceVoyageSessions Its called Lagkapten 140 x 60 black brown, had to buy extra feet for it

1 Like