Show your home DJ booth (Part 1)

Still haven’t quite set this up properly as need some bits I’ll get tomorrow

7 Likes

That setup looks cool. I like it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just got to get it working :see_no_evil:

This thread was way better when it was just pictures of people’s gear, you know, as intended…

True. Sorry I cannot split them to somewhere else really… thinking about how without deleting posts…

Peeps, please stick to the topic subject. Post your booths!! Keep the discussion about a device seen in the pictures to a minimum. This went off to a Traktor DVS Serato topic.

Splitting some stuff to here: Show your home DJ booth - Discussions

Edit: aaaaahhh scrolling gives me more pics than texts… If you want the other way around, follow above link. :wink:

2 Likes

Not feeling this decision at all. What’s the point in simply looking at pictures of people’s kit if you can’t also discuss it? Separate areas for each is convoluted.

1 Like

I already stated you can still discuss things like (I don’t know) lighting, furniture, unknown devices on the photo and maybe some short experience quotes of hardware used. I for one welcome that to learn from each other’s hardware choices!!

But the last 20+ posts wandered off into a DVS Traktor support yes/no discussion… it’s called “show your booth” and it’s nearly the only topic on the whole forum with loads of images to have that criteria.

I could have deleted posts, but chose to spin-off to a directly related new topic.

Ditto!

Oh, okay, I guess I misunderstood what you did. I get it now.

1 Like

I might have moved too much, but tried to keep the posts together otherwise it became unreadable.

I also didn’t want to redirect people to DM each other, as questions and answers might be helpful to everyone. So my discission was to make a spin-off. That was the idea at least… :wink:

It’s like looking into my past. I started with that turntable… QD33?

Didn’t have the money for the 777/999 cd-players, but had the cheaper brothers later; also with jog. Auto Cue ftw

Had several 565 tapedecks as well.

Nice. Can’t beat a great hifi.

Today’s generation with Soundbars and fkn Alexa has sadly killed the need of owning a beautiful sound system.

1 Like

Sounds like a grandpa statement. Sorry, I couldn’t resist. :yum:

1 Like

What speakers are you using?

Brought the Prime Go with me on a flight from CPH to Schipol last week and mixed a bit mid-air :fire:

10 Likes

Now that is a thing[s] of beauty.

1 Like

Awesome! I used to fly from OH to CA round trip 3 times per month for work, but haven’t business travelled since March 2020. Picked up a Prime Go last month and can’t wait to throw down mixes on the plane.

One setting I wish I could adjust how bright the Cue, Play/Pause, and auto loop lights are when they are flashing. I have a feeling I could really annoy the ■■■■ out of people sitting next to me on night flights.

1 Like

With that Platter Swap - Can the *k platter fit on the 5k platter. your doing something I have not seen yet

No the 6k and 5k ms are not interchangeable. 6km and rane ones are slightly bigger in diameter and will hit the edge of the 5k unit.

However it’s been possible to swap the 5km with numark ns7 platters if you looking for a custom look. Maybe colour spray them in a plasticote too.

Thanks for the reply. I know in this form io was told the same but when i saw what you did (DOPE) i thought you may have debunked that theory but good to know I will finally stop with my questions on that !! hahah I just got my 5k’s but when i keep seeying these 6k’s I am already ready to ditch them just for the larger platters.

When 6km came out I didn’t like the 1970s platter style. I was so hyped when Ranw releas3d the One controller and I was able to buy the platters direct from InMusic parts department.

Real vinyls on top, like it should be. I’m not even a scratch DJ but this feels REAL to me.

With the 5km you can custom the platters and use real vinyls too. Very simple.

1 Like