Show your home DJ booth - Discussions

For sure, a way to change the game …

They are out there, the thing is that they are not marketed to djs. Guitar effectors for example are pretty good for dj use. I like using the fx on my loop station for dj’n.

Any effector on the market with midi clock in will work with any dj mixer that has s/r and midi clock out.

What would be nice is if standalone effectors start incorporating Abelton link.

1 Like

I just sold mine for $700 CAD because it was collecting dust in front of me and figured since my SC5000 has effects now that I don’t need it. Ended up buying a Boss RC-1 so I can loop vinyl and mix between my Denon and SL1200’s

1 Like

I bet Pioneer have stopped producing them too, which will drive up the price as they dry up in retailers.

Its bad that there hasn’t been a mainstream FX unit for about a decade.

Line6 DL4 MKII is a really good alternative. Probably my favorite fx unit

Highly unlikely we’ll see a new external fx unit from Pioneer DJ anytime soon! Iirc, the leak post on reddit was total bs and debunked by a Pioneer DJ employee.

They don’t earn any money from units they don’t sell. The RMX is 10 years old. There has to be a shortage or complete lack of a key component or more that keeps them from producing these. Might be an AD/DA converter. Remember the AKM fire?

1 Like

I combine Serato FX and the Mastersounds at home for my needs. One pre-fader, the other post.

I’ve been begging Allen and Heath for YEARS to build an external EFX unit that combines the X:DB4 and X:PX5 effects engines.

Such a unit would absolutely dominate the industry. The X:DB4’s EFX were so good, they actually sound like they are naturally part of the song.

2 Likes

The system has split the image topic to a part2. I’ve moved some discussions to here in the process. Cary on!

These effects are adapted from the live engineering especially from the huge State of the Art stage mixing consoles of A&H.

1 Like

Agree. I own a DB2 and the effects are top notch. lots of parameters, clean and smooth.

Highly unlikely we’ll see a new external fx unit from Pioneer DJ anytime soon! Iirc, the leak post on reddit was total bs and debunked by a Pioneer DJ employee.

I can see this as true but also not true. I see the RMX 1000 on almost every V10 based setup out in the wild, so many DJs are requesting it, so if it ain’t broke don’t fix it. However, if they are all asking for it, surely there is more money to be made by releasing a new version offering better integration with the new mixers. Time will tell I guess. The downside of a new one is it will likely be $1,000USD or more.

Better integration with mixers would probably mean abandoning the insert loop and going “real send/return” like guitar pedals. Which would in turn mean no more sales to users of most of their own mixers (DJM-900, -A9, etc.). Staying with the insert type on the other hand closes the market for most mixers from other brands (A&H, many boutique mixers). So it’s a difficult decision to be made. And when demand is that high, why invest tons of r&d money? It’s still a great and relevant device. I’ve had mine since release and I still love it.

In the market for a stand for my setup. Anyone have any experience with this one? Glorious Mix Station 2 / Furniture for DJs, Producers and Vinyl Lovers

Any recommendations much appreciated, it’s to go in my lounge. Sc6000, Lc6000 and a 4 channel mixer, coming eventually…I have around 130cm of Space length wise and annoyingly a radiator on the wall so can’t put it flush against. But plan to buy speaker stands to put behind desk anyway. Many thanks in advance!

Thought this thread maxed out already?

No, only the images has a part2 now.

1 Like

Ikea FTW

1 Like

Watch some woodworking videos on YouTube, spend a fortune on power tools, build your own:)

3 Likes

Yeah, although it looks nice and clean, would deffo not pay that sort of money for what you are getting.

There are better alternatives out there.

IMO, don’t limit yourself to what your gear needs, unless you have no intention of upgrading or expanding, you might end up saving a few €

1 Like

What alternatives do you suggest?