Screw Pioneer

Marked one of the first replies as a solution (not liquid I should add). :wink:

I remember an engineer from Siemens back in the day, that didn’t perform any warranty services when a computer wasn’t powered by grounded connections (warranty voided). So I can’t blame Pioneer either. Maybe the Pioneer forum would think otherwise.

2 Likes

@Reese

Yup totally agree if you dont follow manufactures operating conditions then its on your own head and you take full responsibility for any damage whether it be to your equipment or somebody elses property

Why should they keep the deposit if OP decides not to go through with the repair? I would pay the shipping cost back if I decided against the repair. The deposit was for a portion of the repair costs.

Because they had to pay a tech to strip unit and find out user had spilt liquid in it.

Certain parts probably needed removing to diagnose And it looks like user opened unit before despatching to ASC (hence how did he know ribbon cable was damaged ((from a liquid spill or clumsy opening)) and what were the screws for on estimate… did user “lose a few” on attempted reassembly. If it WAS a warranty repair that deposit would be refunded. Standard pioneer practice

1 Like

A garage won’t diagnose your car for free, because it involves man hours to do it.

On the original posters reckoning.

Maybe denon could take this in

Post #6

We could say “well i didnt know smashing the living daylights out of it would invalidate warranty”. If that fails we could try the “well thats fair wear and tear”

1 Like

Mental now people treat stuff lol

1 Like

This is not true. I have never spent money for a garage to lift my car or run their software on my car. It’s called a free consultation. Lawyers who charge hundreds to thousands even offer it. I understand it costs man-hours, but it’s a cost of doing business. Furthermore, Denon has never charged me a deposit to assess the issues with my MCX8000 (once) or SC6000 (three times). Obviously, policies are different across different businesses, but my opinion is if no repairs are going to be done refund the money.

But he lied to them, they know it, he knows it… so why continue the charade and why carry on under the delusion that he isn’t doing anything wrong.

i was honest with denon! someone spilled a wodka lemon in my prime 4! I warned them and so they were very kind and honest! I asked them to replace the play cue buttons too since the console was already two years old! then replaced the left performance pads the cue play buttons and performed a complete wash! for a total of 186 euros including shipping costs! so being honest always pays off!

Well after reading all the comments and getting feedback from multiple forums I guess I am in the wrong. Being negligent to warranty limitations isn’t an excuse and I shoulda read up before I shipped it. But damn. I just want my broken controller back. :sob:

Main thing, get DJ insurance, especially if it’s in places that it’s likely to happen again.

They are just nickel and dime’n. Again, whether you lied or not, Denon has never charged me for diagnostics. IN FACT, My MCX8000 had liquid damage and they repaired it for free. Of course it was within warranty but still.

DANG! You got over! Someone at Denon really slipped up.

Also, Denon had some damage-control to deal with on the MCX due to advertised features that either fell short of expectation, or materialized quite late (if at all). I was a squeaky wheel to them back then and they “really worked with me” to say the least.

It isnt just us saying you were at fault then… Think thats case closed

I wish I could become a registered share holder for pioneer to specifically vote out the people who made that shitty warranty coverage.

Speaking of samsung… I had massively bad experience with warranty of headphones worth 15€ that were delivered with my phone. Samsung did everything to dodge the warranty period and then they just said - we can sell you new pair for 25€. No big deal for them was that the headphones were dead after a week. And then they just kept on sending them back and forth between the shop and their service until warranty period was over… ever then - went to fruity company - no more problems with warranty…

To be fair they fit a new board to my out of warranty TV a few years back because the capacitors had swollen, I rang them, they said yeah we will sort it, next day 2 lads turned up and swapped the board, turned my TV on then said laters and left.

I had my S9 main PCB replaced for free 4 years out of warranty. Only cost me fuel and toll fees to the service center (they offered free collection as well…but i was like nah…)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.