Screw Pioneer

This pretty much goes out to anyone that’s willing to hear my story. I’m reaching out because I am genuinely curious as to how you would handle this issue with a loyal customer. I am heartbroken and tired or big companies like this getting away with mistreating paying customeners. The following is a link to a pdf of an email thread between me and pioneer and all I want is to know if this is fair or not.

Liquid spillages are not covered under warranty by any manufacturer. 3rd party insurance will cover it if purchased before the incident.

I would remove/blank out the personal details in the Amazon receipt if you intend to keep sharing this post.

1 Like

I’m assuming you didn’t read the estimate or the rest of the email.

Estimate is to fix/replace components damaged via liquid spliiage ?

Once liquid damage is detected all bets are off in terms of warranty repair

3 Likes

Thanks for that @0ddw0rld . That was my opinion too but just waiting for someone else to read what i was.

If it got liquid in it then basicly its scrap. Yes you could “try” and repair but then other bits will have been stressed and its bmw syndrome. Once one bit starts going wrong other parts quickly follow. What surprises me is pioneer took the unit in for repair in the first place. And yes +1 blank out personal details.

It looks like you spilt something liquid on it. Sent it in for "warranty repair " they charge you a deposit ( yes fair enough ) then keep deposit because you had voided warranty by spilling liquid on it. Then other problems naturally occur… Did you inform pioneer of the liquid spoll BEFORE you sent it in for warranty repair, or did you just take you chance and hope yhey didnt find the pint of beer inside it???. Their attitude you broke it through neglect.

3 Likes

What’s up @NServiam,

The unit isn’t marketed as water-proof (spill proof). The damage is outside of the warranty and Pioneer should bare no financial responsibility for repairs, shipping, etc., because they’ve done nothing wrong.

Pioneer’s name doesn’t deserve to be dragged throught the mud for this.

4 Likes

Its like in the back of your phone they have little labels that respond by showing red dots when it gets wet

Yeah, but how can the repair cost more than the unit costs to purchase brand new? If Pioneer were cool, they would have called/emailed the OP and explained the situation. Giving him the opportunity to just accept the situation and decide whether he wanted to buy a new one or not.

I agree…Screw Pioneer! That’s foul AF!!

1 Like

@blackavenger yeah i see what your saying.

However. When you send a unit in for repair there is diagnostics to do on it then order part in then change part then rerun diagnostics etc. That costs. In factory where they are assembled all parts are on tap and new… no stripping out cleaning etc. Just build in sequence to completion.

It does also read to me like there may be a couple of dialogues “missing” . May just be the way im reading it though

Try building a car part by part then compare the overall price to the RRP.

I work with a well known industrial label printer company all the time, their mobile warehouse printers cost around £500 to buy, a new print head is about £500 to replace, this isn’t a limit to DJ gear, all items cost way more for individual components.

I kind of guessed this post would be ridiculous just by reading the title, I wasn’t let down.

2 Likes

Try taking a 32" Flat screen in for repair.

1 Like

Man, Y’all are making me REALLY nervous. I just sent my (out of warranty) Xone:96 in for liquid (beer) damage, and I was hoping it would cost something between $500 and $1,000 to repair. If it ends up costing more than what I paid for it, I am going to be SUPER depressed.

With regard to my Xone:96 repair, I was assured that diagnosing the issue(s) and drawing up an estimate were all free of charge. I would only be charged for the repair/parts.

Yeah, after reading it again, it does seem that way, doesn’t it?

This shows me that Pioneer is squeezing there customers. Overpriced gear, overpriced spare-parts, overpriced service fees.

They should have instantly recognised what happened to inform the customer and to hold the expenses low.

You may be right that building a device out of spare parts will be more expensive but for Pioneer itself it will not cost this much.

Pioneer could have provided a much better offer. They should have b-stock and could have offers a special deal to compensate the costs ( exchange price ).

My opinion, stay away from companies like this. I know this kind of companies, even in warranty they will try to find something to make you pay.

Of course in this case it was clearly the fault of the customer. Maybe he should have mentioned it at first to get better options.

1 Like

Or just get DJ insurance like most sensible people do, it’s like £120 a year and covers theft from a vehicle, all your cables, monitors, headphones, laptop, cases etc… why would you not do that if you’re using them in an environment that risks liquid ingress.

3 Likes

I have mine with Allianz, it’s their music insurance policy and so far it’s been great, got a replacement MacBook screen a couple of years back after mine became faulty.

This honestly stinks of raking Pioneer through the mud to me, the OP has tried it on with a warranty repair, knowing full well he had spilt liquid on the gear, it’s failed miserably and now he wants to try and pin the blame on Pioneer.

Pioneer have done absolutely nothing wrong here outside of not giving a con man what he was after.

1 Like

Here here. Probably nothing on pioneer forum about it either…

To be fair I was unaware that spillage of any kind voided any warrenty, however you should know the only real problems the spillage did cause was minor button sticks.

It cost about 30 for me to ship it. When it arrived, this was when they were still going to service it under warrenty, had me pay 125 so their techs could operate on it. After essentially totallying my controller I saw the total of 921.38 and was dumbfounded because if I chose to deny the repairs and have it sent back it would cost an additional 120 fee. So I would have spent 30+125+120=275 for them to tell me they can’t do anything? Oh and APM still has my controller by the way because I couldn’t afford to get it back. It’s not even like the whole thing was dysfunctional. 2 channels and a jogwheel didn’t render it useless. But I don’t know what to do in this situation. I’m upset because I paid more money to send it to be held hostage.

:thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

UNBELIEVABLE!!!

It obviously caused a few more problems than a few sticky buttons…

Er you totalled it whem you gave it either a drink or a bath mate…

I personally dont think the denon forum is a place to air your dirty laundry with pioneer.

1 Like

Man honestly its just entitled nonsense being spewed now… I literally don’t get how anyone with a reasonable education can draw these conclusions he is drawing, played the game and lost.

1 Like

Exactly that…

Didnt know a spillage voided a warranty :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::joy::joy::joy::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::rofl::joy::yum::yum::rofl::blush::yum::yum:

1 Like