SC6000 Scratching no reaction...

Nice ! The SC6000M it’s a beautiful player media !:hand_with_index_finger_and_thumb_crossed: Good Luck ! :wink:

Thanks a lot for wishing me luck😃.

I spent 3hours now in the 'M (45min of scratching) and it was a very good feeling without any problems while scratching and juggling. The slipmat is also good stuff and for me its no problem to scratch very smooth and light with it. Also the back spin problems I’ve heard about in this forum didnt affect me.

Ive had troubles with the pitch range, but thats a SW problem or maybe one of me as user, cause i’ve setted the pitch range on +/-8% but as I was playing with the double layer function one of the two layers allways pitched +/-50%.

So what now?

First: Im happy with the 6000M and keep it, no doubt. I love the very good integration of Tidal and Beatsource and its way better solved, as in Serato. The double layers are awesome and a very good to handle. Hope there will be some additional features in the future. I also hope, that Denon DJ will release a LC6000M… Please Denon.

Second: Im totally UNhappy with the SC6000 and the scratching function… Thats a big problem and nobody can tell me a reasom why. BUT Denon DJ sent me a direct mail (I think thanks to @Anthony_DDJ ) to help me or better… To help to find de reason why. Ill send them all information and serial number, maybe it helps.

Update SC6000t: Ill send back the Sc6000 tomorrow, so yesterday i turned it on again for scratching… You know what? It works…10min no problems! Same location, same table, same USB same firmware… I switched it of… And get back 2h later to test it again… And yes the problem was back…

2 Likes

And another question, cause i dont want to open a new thread: Is it right, that I cant set the Hot Cues automaticaly in order to the time of the track? Chronographic?

Check if you have quantize on. If it’s on but the hot cues are still not “on time” check if the beat grid is correctly placed on the track - most often reason why it’s not correctly placed is the wrong BPM value.

Sorry my english is bad, thats why you misunderstood me… Let me explane (maybe :slight_smile: ): In Serato, no matter which auto cue i set (1-8) it always set the cues in a chronographic line. So when I hit Cue 3 and its the first one, Serato sorts it as Cue 1. With Denon its diffrent in the same case so when I hit Cue 3 and its the first one, Denon also set it to Cue 3.

You know what I mean?

you want chronological hot cue.

there is no option for this in engine

vote for it here

https://community.enginedj.com/t/chronological-cue-points/37115?u=mufasa

Do you mind sending the info @Anthony_DDJ sent you to find out the issue?

How has the SC6000 been since?

Ive send back the second unit too and ordered the M. Now I’m happy with it. Denon DJ told me, that they will take back my SC6000 from the distributor, to check it.

Why you ask?

I see you have returned your units already @djscode but for anyone else running into the same issue, I believe I have a “fix”.

The issue seems to be related to the magnetic nature of the platters vinyl mode.

The solution ( at least for me ) is to make sure the platter is evenly heated.

You can do this simply by resting your hand on top of the platter for 10, 15 seconds. You’ll feel immediately that it goes from cold to room temperature. You can see when its good enough as the LED strip will change to white. From then on it stops failing and engages 100% of the time.

1 Like

Damn really??? It was only this and nobody knew that this is the solution of the problem… Hui hui hui now I’m angry again​:joy::joy::joy:

Have you tested that theory with a hair dryer or something else to heat it besides the conductive surface of your hand? It could instead be an issue with platter capacitive touch calibration rather than temperature. The Geminis had some weird touch issues that were mitigated somewhat with changes to how it auto calibrates. The Hanpins, in contrast, use a manual sensitivity adjustment.

1 Like

I don’t have access to one at the moment so it’s not something I’ll be able to test. I can try to use my laptop and place it on top for example, but it may take a while for the laptop to produce that amount of heat with the current cold weather.

It can probably be a calibration issue because what I did notice is that the LC6000 which I believe uses the same mechanism does not display the same behavior. but the platter noise is a bit different between the two so they may have a slight difference in construction.

Also, by just trying to “heat up” half the platter still provides very inconsistent behavior. only by having all of it at the same temperature does it start to work 100%. that being said the “palm on top” trick will get it done in under a minute

These platters could be using complex capacitive touch compared to something simplistic like Hanpin, for instance. The Hanpins have no even hypothetical ability to tell a difference where you touch it. These InMusic tempered-glass platters might be closer to a smartphone, with engineered capability to differentiate where you’re touching, even if it’s not currently being utilized. Maybe that’s why the whole platter needs to be touched at once.

There could also be something going on with the tension mechanism’s plastic dust byproduct on the SC6000 non-M. The LC6000 could use a slightly different brake mechanism or spindle assembly if they sound different when rotating.

I just purchased two new SC6000’s, both updated and running 2.3.2. Only one of them does has an issue with the capacitive jogs. The heating up trick didn’t work, but… I found that if I touched my mixer while the SC is malfunctioning, it would instantly work. If I stopped touching the mixer, the issue was immediately present. This screams “ground issue.” Checked it against multiple plugs and outlets - issue is present no matter what. Luckily I’m in the 14 day return window for Guitar Center.

And sadly, the x1850 that just arrived two days ago has some issues and is also getting returned - Nothing major, but i didn’t pay for a defective unit out of the box. The cue lights don’t match to my SC decks, the fader start function doesn’t work, and the FX are buggy - they don’t track the BPM really at all.

I really like both products, so I’ll request replacements. Just a disappointing way to start. I’ve had zero issues with my Rane gear for years of use.

Typical issues when you do not plug the players into correct LAN ports on the mixer. Check the manual before you return the unit.

Did you assign them properly in Engine Connect?

Its so unbrliveable that a lot of people report this issue and InMusic do nothing and dont help. Ive report this with every single detail and they told me, that they order the units back from the seller, to find the issue… So that was not the truth, seems to.

1 Like

Indeed it does. But again, before you return them swap power cables between the units and test also outside your own house.

For many of those issues, you should read manuals…

You’re very funny… The hell no :person_facepalming::person_facepalming::person_facepalming: