HELP PLEASE! One deck keeps playing when holding down jog wheel (SCS6000)

I’ve reset and update to firmware and no luck. Other deck is fine, this has just started acting this way. Any ideas?

I read another thread similar and someone said the USB could be doing it!? I’ve tried 3 different USBs (all previously Pioneer).

Please help!

Hey man, vinyl mode is selected on both. The problem deck goes from being responsive to not responsive in vinyl mode. I have to put pressure on it to stop the track that’s playing. Makes a slight noise to when spinning though I can live with that.

Bizarrely, I have just stood the deck up instead of having it flat and seems to be more responsive! Could this be an earthing situation? How do I fix that if it is?

Thank you so much, I’m worried sick!

Get a multi-meter, continuity tester and test the earth bond. Between the metal of the SC6000 ( one of the screws is normally a good place) to the Earth connection of plug that goes into the wall there should be 100% continuity or 0 ohms. Avoid using multi-way trailing sockets and / or multi-way socket adapters. Also, clean the Jog wheel with a damp cloth (not wet). I use a solution of 50% surgical alcohol and 50% distilled water to damp the cloth. Do not use furniture polish, anti-static or any other cleaning products / chemicals. If you are a mobile DJ, it is a good idea to get into the habit of testing the earth bonds to equipment and cables on a regular basis, and when the equipment is setup in a venue. It can save you a lot of headaches and maybe even your or somebody else’s life.

Having dj’d for the last 20 years I can safely say that especially in a home environment I have never had to do any of this.

I appreciate your reply mate, no knock on you whatsoever. Thank you. I’m just dumbfounded that this could even be a factor after spending the best part of £2,500.

Is there any way I can get some denon support on this? Speaking to anyone is nigh on impossible. I need to know whether this an electrical problem (can’t believe I’m writing that) or software (despite it being up to date).

This is crazy. Four separate posts all of the same problem.

Hope you have removed the foil covering

I have mate yeah.

Before sending the message I testing exactly this on my SC6000 . The faceplates and case are earth bonded. I tried lifting the earths and the machines were not at all happy. It did not recreate your fault, but it did cause instability and the jog and case when not being touched were slowly charging to about 80-90 volts, very low current, but probably enough to cause problems. The machines did crash a few times when I touched them. This is especially a problem with powered speakers which often have floating chassis. Because of the design of the power supplies on this machines a good earth connection is imperative for the supply filters to work, without a sound earth connection, the chassis can rise to as much as 50% on the line voltage.

DENON rarely answer here, if you have eliminated the obvious, then it is time to contact your reseller, if the units are in warrantee, if not, then, your local repair centre.

Update.

I switched out the power cables between the two decks and things worked perfectly for 48 hrs.

However, it didn’t last and we’re now back to square one with the same problem.

One thing I have noticed is that the deck in question, works fine if the top two feet (behind the track screen) aren’t touching the surface.

Any ideas? I’m losing patience now.

Cheers.

Sub sonic (infrasonic) vibration. Put some dense foam / rubber or cork under the decks. Some old carpet / carpet tile might work too. Do you have strong subs located close, on or even under the performance area? In some cases sub sonic bass can group together to produce standing waves of sufficient power that it upsets devices, even electrical connections, USBs ect. I have even seen some DJ monitor speakers do it. I used to play at a club that had JBL EONs on the ceiling above the booth, had to put in a low pass filter to stop them messing with the decks.

Years ago when most clubs in the UK had vinyl and sprung wooden dancefloors it was very typical to build brick / concrete pillars that went through the DJ booth to the solid foundation below the dancefloor. The decks would sit on the pillars and be isolated from the sound system and other vibrations. Today, often, DJ booths are not planned well, mdf, painted black and vibrates like hell.

1 Like

Dear all,

wood is the best material to transport sound and vibes (think of a piano, contrabass, xylophone) and it is absolutely unsuitable for depositing turntables, amplifers and so on. Especially if there will be a dancing crowd and pumping basses from the loudspeakers. This will causes an extreme echo.

First aid in your equipment will be as follows below. You can pile up some of these mats, they don’t slide …

Good luck and brgds

BeatMaster

https://www.bauhaus.info/waschmaschinenzubehoer/gummimatte/p/13334869

Totally agreed !!

1 Like

Tried foam. Didn’t work.

Still have the same issue.

Video for reference.

Hardware failure then.

Seems like a potential grounding issue to me.

How do you even troubleshoot a grounding issue? I am one of the posters with this same issue. Where do I look? How do I fix it?

Just send it to retailer or service center.

Well, unless someone suggests you put 5 slices of bread under each of the decks feet to isolate it from external vibrations.