Same thing coming soon from alpha theta

Mine where standard in stutter, because when you held them down and then pressed play, it would keep playing, so you would have the same functionality as regular hot cues…

And when deck was in play mode, the hot cues were always triggers, not stutters.

I finally wanted to retire my Prime 2. I confess I’ve been eyeing Pioneer (AZ) and have been waiting to see what comes with the 3000x to see how AT deals with real “technical features” vs. “marketing features.” Well, for me, the “x” on the 3000x simply stands for bug fixing and adding features that others have had for a long time. Who is stupid enough to pay almost 3k for this when they already have a 3000? (per layer!!)

So yesterday I took the plunge and went shopping at the Cologne Musicstore. I stood in front of the AZ for a really long time; it was impressively large. The feel is also really, really good.

But my experience with RB, which for me may have a really good database, doesn’t even come close to standing up to VDJ. No, it’s also incredibly slow “for me.”

I then picked up a Prime 4+ in white. It wasn’t the price! It was simply the consideration that I’d have to work with it for hours, even if not as often. I don’t judge hardware by what others do with it, but by what I do with it.

I would NEVER have the stupid idea of ​​converting the cue buttons to a crappy keyboard. That’s what… tadaaa keyboards exist for… Respect for the ability and the implementation.

I also like the Prime4 better visually, but it’s definitely better equipped technically for my workflow.

Today, after a few hours of trying it out (and especially getting used to it) compared to the old Prime2, I see a huge improvement in the feel, especially the jog wheels. (Even though I rarely, if ever, scratch, maybe as a drop.)

A really good limiter on the master. Why doesn’t the Prime 2 have that??.. whatever. I still have to get used to the rest, but I’m in love.

My clients (mostly companies) don’t give a damn what I use to make music. They just want it to work and be a success. That’s the only thing I’ll be measured by.

Best regards from Germany

Peeps. This is getting a bit out of hand. I don’t look up to any DJ, ever, and I guess James doesn’t really care what we post here either, but I think we can show a bit of respect to the man and his flock.

Let’s keep it about the products, what’s missing in ours and in theirs.

Yes, I contributed to it as well. Granted.

TIA :+1:t2:

Your kind mod. :smiling_face_with_sunglasses:

And audiophile sound.

Now this…

Only skipped through it. The CDJ-3000X caught up with Denon SC6000 on features. But, sadly, he nicks Denon on build quality.

Yeah, I skimmed through that earlier. I noticed him say, over and over, that the SC6000s were discontinued. Does he know something we don’t, or is he just making a logical assumption?

Reticuli And audiophile sound.

Fair call. Always room for improvement. In fact I’d say consumers expect it when upgrading modern gear costing $$.

Checks features

>no SD card

>no internal drive

>no dual layer

>missing a lot of streaming services

What T F are you talking about???

:flushed_face: you’re right, don’t know where that supposedly was said when I skimmed it.

Did he forget about stems?

There is a casual mention at 15:24.

Generally okay comparison, but seriously, loading an unanalyzed track from a RekordBox stick and calling an SC6000 slower than the CDJ, is not really comparing things… At least he could have pressed play after loading.

Mega giant missed thing on cdj3000 and 3000x for me is Ableton link. Only denon decks have it so far.

Probably the frustration of not being able to talk about Pioneer anymore led him to insert the image of the old CDJ3000 as a presentation of the video on YT :laughing:

In 2020 the week the CDJ-3000 was released a head to head with the SC6000 was done by GetintheMix.

Two USBs with the exact same few hundred songs, unanalyzed by either Rekordbox or Engine, were placed in each respective unit to see which is faster in loading, reading the track and how quickly it can be played. The CDJ-3000 lost miserably in song loading speed, real time analyzing and playback readiness. It was comical how bad it lost. The testers were absolutely honestly shocked (and not in that YT/influencer way), within mere hours of the YT being posted it was pulled and no trace or acknowledgment this ever happened. I have a feeling Pioneer/AT made them pull it.

The only proof it ever happened was a screen shot.

They also did a head to head between Rekordbox & Engine music library analysis and Rekordbox lost that too LOL

that whole thing was a shocker, it does nothing for the companies or the youtube community reputation, all it did was fuel speculation that reviews aren’t completely honest and independant.

Yeah I remember that. Maybe redo this ourselves for fun.

IMHO Denon should and have faceless DJs like the Stig LOL.

There you go Denon for your marketing ideas, you can have it for free and I won’t take any points off the gross LOL