Same thing coming soon from alpha theta

Yeah I’m not saying widely used, but aside from DJM mixers what brand ever was widely used? it’s always been a spread. The MP2016 and optional crossfader section have been installed at some of the most important venues over the years and the brand should definitely be mentioned. The Ministry of Sound had one installed.

Hype invented Gated Cue Points you know.

DJMs quickly established themselves in clubs because they had a modern and well-thought-out layout and, above all, integrated effects from the DJM 800 onwards. The DJM 500 and 600 were never really adopted by clubs.

IDK about this juan. I played on quite a number of 500’s and 600’s in 99 and early 2ks.

[edit] Maybe it was a Virginia / DC thing back then?

Yes, some clubs had them because Pioneer had given away a lot of free kit… but most DJs of that era still preferred analog mixers like Rodec/Ecler/Freevox/Dateq etc…

I wonder if alpha theta are going to attempt a serato buy-out , without all that “monopoly ruling” getting in the way when Pioneer tried it

Perhaps. To go from massive momentum (Pioneer DJ) to little momentum (Alpha Theta) makes no sense to me what so ever.

I could understand if PDJ had no brand value or equity, but it has the opposite.

Scott Galloway’s definition of brand is fantastic.

(Taken from AI)

According to Scott Galloway, a brand is " the sum of associations, emotions, and memories that a consumer has towards a product or service" representing the intangible emotional and reputational connection a customer feels towards a company or offering. This definition highlights that brand is not just a logo but a collection of experiences and feelings that influence a consumer’s perception and purchasing decisions, often guiding them toward “irrational” choices to express their individuality.

How does “Alpha Theta” have any of that?

Yeah, the OG DJ Hype :wink:

And here he is …

Interesting to see the CDJ-3000 side by side with the new CDJ-3000 X. Obviously James Hype still uses SD cards too, but he seems to enjoy the new decks. I think they look much nicer than the CDJ-3000 or even the CDJ-2000NXS2. Did anyone else notice the plasticky clicking noises the original CDJ-3000 makes when buttons are pressed and it’s being handled?

The all-new and very hot gated cue feature is something Denon DJs can already activate on their decks … just go to the profile settings page on your decks, then under Cue/Loops change Paused Hot Cue Behaviour from Trigger to Momentary …

Even if I don’t buy one of these new very expensive decks, I’ll still need to read the manual and get familiar with the new AT players … I might get a chance to play on them in the future, who knows … and some of you too. Fun fact: the industry or club standard is actually one standard per Pioneer DJ player that happens to be out there. :woman_facepalming:t2:

From the standpoint of aesthetics, I still prefer my SC6000M decks and the SC Live 4, … because Borg cube green is my favourite colour. :green_heart:

No thanks. :head_shaking_horizontally:

I feel like you should be the victim to carry out the bro count @djliquidice … how many times he says bro, I’m going for 57.

Bro. :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

IIRC this was already an option on DN-2100F twin Cd players back in 2000. Wasn’t it called stutter mode?

The ‘hype’ about gate cue is unreal.

Smh, bro.

But isn’t it funny? Like, AT comes up with a marketing buzzword for a random feature that other manufacturers already have and - it works. They now have THE THING that people want.

Not the momentary triggering of hotcues, it’s THE GATED HOTCUES (heavenly music plays in the background)

You would think inMusic learned that when they added (cue heavenly music) BROADCAST MODE on their mixers (checks inside: one button settings shortcut).

It works, people are stupid, etc…

I dont even use them, bite me.

Don’t want to brag about it but my old Denons S5000 that were introduced in April 2004 could do it already… Fact, it had only 2 cues per layer, but you could use them in Stutter mode (gated / momentary).

From the user manual, page 6, point 6:

Yup, even 2100 twins had it…

Someone needs to go tell James Hyper, that he should stop snorting white powders and learn some dj history…

But I’ve never used them since you needed to go into the settings to able of disable the stutter mode.