[Resolved] Engine Desktop Fails to copy tracks during Export to Internal SSD on P4

Just want to give a heads up that zapping the previous (local) database and starting over (as per @mufasa suggestion) seems to have worked for me. Additionally the software runs much more consistently and the sync manager seems to be running about 10x faster than it did before. I assume a corrupted database?

1 Like

It seems you need to wait, yes oddly this works if you open the sync manager and then wait until it displays the playlist structure on the P4, this sometimes has taken up to 10 minutes to load.

Hi @par911

I have just been looking into this for you. I was unable to reproduce this issue using my own database however when I tried on the prime 4 database you had originally supplied I was unable to see any playlists at all, but I could see the tracks, so there is something not quite right about that particular database.

My question is, since starting over again, has the issue occurred since?

Kind Regards Tom

Hi Tom,

I’m using a different laptop to host the primary database collection now. I started from scratch and since then have had no problems using the sync function, however I have noticed that if you start Engine Desktop with the P4 plugged into USB in computer mode the sync takes a little while to recognise the folder structure on the P4, it’s starts blank and then after about 10 seconds populates. However if I start Engine DJ and then plug in the P4 this delay does not occur.

1 Like

Hi @par911

Is there any difference between your two laptops? i.e are they mac/windows, same operating system version? I’m trying to work out why it would work for one laptop and not the other, but I am glad you so far haven’t encountered it again.

Kind Regards Tom

They’re both Windows 10 latest patch updates on both. One is an Asus Zenbook and the other a Microsoft Surface Pro. When I look at the log file on the laptop that doesn’t work there is a mysql error inserting the track into the database with a constraint error on the unique key on the table. This is why it fails. There needs to be error trapping around the insert instead of just failing the entire process.

To clarify the issue here is an extract from the error log

[W] Invalid CollectionJob::Settings object (repeated 3 times) [2021-11-13T16:43:43.921Z] [air.planck.database.coll] [C] Error in StatementSqlite::executeForNextResult: StatementSqlite (0,000,01A,5EA,2D5,230), Status: Error

• Main db [2021-11-13T16:43:43.922Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [C] filename: m.db
  • Query string: INSERT INTO main.PlaylistEntity (id, listId, trackId, databaseUuid, nextEntityId, [2021-11-13T16:43:43.922Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [C] membershipRefer…
  • Error: SQLITE_CONSTRAINT ( UNIQUE constraint failed: PlaylistEntity.id) [2021-11-13T16:43:43.922Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [W] MigrateDatabaseJob failed: [2021-11-13T16:43:43.931Z] [air.planck.database ] [C] [ 0x1a5e070b508 ] Job failed ( Status: 5 ) Job DisplayName: “Upgrading database of DENON1” [2021-11-13T16:43:43.962Z] [air.planck.jobcontroller] [W] qUncompress: Data is null [2021-11-13T16:43:44.166Z] [ ] [C] Error in StatementSqlite::executeForNextResult: StatementSqlite (0,000,01A,5ED,28A,9A0), Status: Error
  • Main db [2021-11-13T16:44:01.795Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [C] filename: m.db
  • Query string: INSERT INTO main.PlaylistEntity (id, listId, trackId, databaseUuid, nextEntityId, [2021-11-13T16:44:01.795Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [C] membershipRefer…
  • Error: SQLITE_CONSTRAINT ( UNIQUE constraint failed: PlaylistEntity.id) [2021-11-13T16:44:01.795Z] [air.planck.librarian ] [W] An error occurred in exportListsToCurrentDevice. ErrorCode: 92 [2021-11-13T16:44:01.803Z] [air.planck.syncmanager ]

Hello,

Same problem with me, syncing to my intern ssd on the Sc6000. When in computer mode I can add files to the Ssd, even the mp3’s I have in my library. But when I turn on EngineDj and try syncing to the internal ssd on the 6000 it copies the maps but no dogs. Strange thing also when I sync to my external ssd, no problem?!

Yes the Ssd is in Exfat and also as the original poster have formatted the drive 3 times now…

Hope this can be solved.

Happy Days Ton

Hi @MasterT

Thank you Ton for your findings. Are you able to take a picture of what you are seeing as this sounds a little different from original forum post. Also, can I ask what version of Engine DJ and OS you are using?

Kind Regards Tom

Did you try rebuilding?

Thank you mufasa.

I haven’t rebuild the database yet, will try that this afternoon. Hope it works for me also.

Apologies I thought it was the same problem as the original poster.

1 Like

Hello Tom

Apologies, I thought it was the same problem as the original poster.

No I don’t have a picture of the problem, but somebody just told me that rebuilding the database could be the answer

Going to try that this afternoon.

Kind regards Ton

1 Like

Deleted two posts as they broke out here:

Can’t copy songs to the internal ssd on the Sc6000 - Engine DJ Software / Engine DJ (Mac & PC) - Official Denon DJ Forum

1 Like