Recording sounding low on the Prime 4

Considering the prime4 is the first console that denon added “record to usb” to, in many decades of making what DJs really need, it’s no show stopper if the function doesn’t work quite how evvvvvveryone wants it to.

It would be nice if it could be adjusted or adjustable but not worth anyone creaming their cracker over.

The bottom line here is this: Denon are well aware that many users feel the recording level is low. With that in mind, it would be best for Denon to stop treating us like a bunch of idiots & let us adjust our own recording level. People that know what they are doing will record nicely, people that don’t, will distort their recordings. Why should Denon dictate the level anyone records at? Many years ago, we had a unit called a tape deck. It had the ability to record audio from various sources. Guess what it had on the front… a knob to adjust the recording level!! Could you distort your recording if you turned it up too much?.. Hell yes!!! Yet (for some strange reason) manufacturers still gave users the option to adjust it themselves. Please DenonDJ, this really is a simple thing for guys with your level of knowledge to implement. Just give us a recording level adjustment, so we can turn the page on this & move forward.

3 Likes

this discussion should no longer have taken place, because the question is so simple, in the world of high fidelity and music since the early 60s, every self-respecting deck recorder, with famous names and brands such as: AIWA, our DENON, HITACHI, REVOX etc etc, had always introduced the recording regulation !! so why are we still discussing, on basic rules of electronics and world music? I see people writing about “distortions”? but what are you saying !! then those famous brands and their engineers were all ignorant and clueless, who designed such adjustment potentiometers ??? let’s not joke! the thing is very simple and even a famous program like SERATO, introduced in a very simple way, through new firmware, the adjustment of the output recording volume, with a simple graphic potentiometer !! it doesn’t take anything, just insert it in the firmware, which serves just for this purpose !! this is scandalous, and a brand like DENON knows what I’m talking about !! return the REC OUT adjustment control. thank you

what ?? patience?? still I have to be patient that we have been telling Denon for 2 years to insert this feature in the firmware that all the big brands have been doing for some time? I repeat … we shouldn’t be standing here yet begging Denon to listen to their high-fidelity and music customers.

You are forget that denon he have give to customers many many thing that were of firmware request and the many new features.

You are tgnoring all those many of gifts just as the gift you wanted are have not been given to you yet. Like to the spoilt child forgetting of many gifts because of one gift not given yet

Your analogy is wrong. Denon is like the parents of the child, providing food, clothes and toys - but no shoes.

Every time the child goes outside, their feet get cut on the hard ground, but no matter how many times the child asks for shoes, the parents do not provide the shoes.

Ditto with the “master” signal to the headphones not including the mic. Something that should have been there from the start, but still we wait.

1 Like

You see analogy but no analogy.

Just stay quiet on the grounds where smooth until two of shoe arrive. Stop deliberate jumping daily on the sharp

1 Like

I only expose the truth of the facts, looking for years what all the big brands that I mentioned above in another post do! if since 1960 a method for regulating the volume in recording has been designed and inserted in all respected hi-fi equipment, this must continue to exist !! also in the name of Denon which had also included it! and that’s that! I close here! needless to find other excuses!

@LargoS Maybe you should take your own advice…

I don’t understand if you are talking about me or others above me. I just tried to give a technical message to the Denon engineers, and make the forum constructive and non-destructive like someone above is doing

You’ve mentioned a fair feature to be added and I hope it gets added.

But things don’t happen quickly here. I don’t think you asked for this a whole two years ago, coz I don’t think the prime 4 has been out quite that long. It might be that the firmware team are putting other requests and bug fixes into the firmware as a priority above your request because some of those other things don’t have a workaround. At least with record levels, you can boost the recording using other free programs.

Your request might happen, and I hope it does but it might not appear in the timescales that you’re hoping for.

1 Like

thanks…sorry

i will wait yet!!

1 Like

Am with you too!there other treads talking about recording being to low. It’s been out for a minute. Not sure why Denon not addressing it

1 Like

hello … today I downloaded the new firmware for first ver.1.5.2 … but I’m disappointed again !! they have not yet made the changes to have a second separate volume for recording, as has been used for many years, on any hi-fi equipment, including the denon decks from the 80 'years to today !! we are not there yet !! there are long discussions on this important argument that many DJs of us have found, and that it is essential to have good output recording levels, while now the recordings come out very low, and we have to increase the gain incorrectly, to have a higher rec out volume !! VERY DISAPPOINTED!! Pioneer has solved this type of problem for many years !!

1 Like

What you downloaded was only beta

I can only guess but , I guess that testing a user adjustable recording level slider doesn’t need much testing so might not have been included on a beta.

THIS DOWNLOADED FW IS NOT BETA, IT IS NOT WRITTEN IN THE DENON WEBSITE, OTHERWISE I WOULD NOT WRITE HERE, oops sorry , the first 4 itself warned me that a new firmware was available but did not say it was beta. when you turn on prime 4, it connects to the internet and detects if there is any new official firmware

Your use of UPPERCASE is really rude internet use.

I hope that at some point in the future you get the one feature that you’re trying to push to the front of the queue, ahead of everybody else’s feature requests. Stay safe

i had already apologized for uppercase !! i’m using a keypad on the phone, which malfunctions, so you have to understand it wasn’t my fault eh! however I don’t know what to think about Denon technical support anymore … I asked several times for help on this problem, but they never answered me! when I had Pioneer and I asked for support and help, they always answered me immediately and always, solving problems of this type, so I keep saying that I am always disappointed with a brand like this!

If you care to check back on this thread, you will see that Denon have explained why the level is low.

It’s not broken, or a bug - it’s made deliberately so, for the reasons given.