Recording sounding low on the Prime 4

look … that everyone understood … :sorriso: :ghignante:

Just ignore DJRioby.

Some people have made their unchangable mind up before they post and will just keep repeating themselves until they even bore themselves. usually that’s a few posts after they’ve bored everyone else comatose

how this topic of “Recording sounding low on prime 4” turn out to be this! :flushed: anyway when the prime 4 was release buy. I tested it out an played around with it. I called denon my self an spoke to one of denon rep an told him about the recording level be low. they are aware of it I believe they will address it an other issues that other may have. I thing people forget that denon team is listening to us and WILL ADRESS ALL THE ISSUES that we are having with the prime units an software. just going to take some time but WE THE PEOPLE need to help out an speed up the process by reporting it so we can get better results. in 2020 we are going to get a better prime unit as well in software we just need to be patient an just pitch in more with helping out. it took pioneer a awhile to get there software an gear up to par. if you guys do your home on denon right now you would know now they got extra help by hiring new developers for software an now releasing new units. MAN OH MAN 2020 DENON GOING TO NAIL IT!!! Be patient my people an be positive too we going to be fine

2 Likes

2years ago they didn’t really had a strong team. That’s one thing that denon lacked on for years. Now it’s different.

1 Like

GOOD THANKS !!! you immediately understood my good and positive intention, made only to make Denon understand that many of us have the same problem … (and as I see, you too, when you want to underline a beautiful meaning, use it with the word capital, which I also do, but unfortunately I bumped into someone’s sensitivity, without thinking that the thing was done without offending anyone … and with respect) … now that we are many, Denon will understand 'that this bug is important for the sound, and for the professional dj … thanks again

You’re right. I think more people will go laptop-less each year now.

In namm 2020 Denon dj was the highlight when they showed there new prime gear. an if you listen closing you here all the denon reps talk about the engine os and fixing & adding new stuff to engine prime in the future ,that tells me they mean busy now. I strongly believe that denon going to work extra hard an try there very best to fix and bring out firmware in a timely matter. now they have the muscle to do so. this is why we need to stick together an help out as well. one more thing too we need to stop insulting people in the forum! if someone is have an issue we should all pitch in an try to help out in a positive attitude. we are all adults here I think :thinking:. but over all just be patient and if any issue you have, make videos an explain the problem that helps a lot. give the engineers better point of view.

4 Likes

I fully agree, at my age of 54, my intention was only to help Denon’s engineers solve this case … that’s all

That’s right brother!!! :wink:

1 Like

:+1: :call_me_hand: :call_me_hand: :level_slider: :level_slider: :musical_keyboard: :musical_keyboard: :control_knobs: :studio_microphone: :musical_keyboard:

I had written several times that the output volume after recording is very low, even if tried on other stereos in various clubs, pubs, discos, cars, hi-fi systems, it is always too low, and to have a good volume in output, you have to increase the gain of both channels, which is absurd and inconceivable from a console that costs 2000 euros how Denon !! when I was running the pioneer, already 10 years ago, they didn’t have these problems, because pioneer uses 2 different volumes, and this seems obvious and intelligent to do so !! because Denon still hasn’t solved these problems, which we all have for about 1 year ?? it is a BIG DISAPPOINTMENT REALLY !! Pioneer never had volume problems, and Denon did !! scandalous!! never again will I take products of this brand and give negative feedback !! I thought that Denon was interested in his technical customers, but instead I see that he doesn’t care !! Congratulations on the lack of professionalism! When I called Pioneer support they always solved my problems, while you didn’t, even after you wrote here in the forum and on your email !! I remind you that in addition to being a DJ for 35 years, I am also an electronic technician and beta tester, so I speak because I am an expert in hardware and software firmware !! but you don’t really listen to your customers while Pioneer does !! and the bad result is this, when I record the recorded file it is low volume, as many other users here of the forum say for some time !! BIG DISAPPOINTMENT!! NEVER MORE DENON !!

If you’re an experienced DJ, a technician and an expert in hardware and software, then you should be able to understand the need for headroom, that zero dB for a digital signal is the maximum level, that many DJs tend to push the meters into the red, and that using some software to boost the level of the recording is very simple.

Yes it would be nice if Denon were to take the recording signal from the master (which has a limiter), enabling a hotter signal without risk…but they haven’t. Until they do (if they do) then it’s safer to have a quiet file and boost it after recording.

1 Like

What rubbish. I’ve heard the reverse of that far many more times than I’ve heard that rubbish.

Check out , and count , the number of new features and enhancements which denon added last week, the month before that, the software release about that same time, a few months before that too.

It strikes me that you’ve confused “denon didn’t get to changing, yet, the thing I’m now sulking about” with “not listening”

is not my scream !! but desperation ok? or paid 2000 euros, I would like to see you, when you cannot work with these serious volume problems !! for 1 year that I asked him to solve this simple problem in the firmware !! when I work and I have to record my DJ sets in local for my business, I can’t do it, for these problems !! the pioneer has never had these problems and do you know why? because it is very easy to solve them, just do like them already 10 years, inserting in the software, 2 separate volumes !! you don’t need a science or a nuclear engineering you know ?? if Pioneer did it, a brand like Denon could do it too !! there are no excuses about it !! money down the drain. and my work is bad, in fact I have to use the pioneers !!

I see you did not understand! the signal must be adjusted by the customer as he wants ok? precisely Pioneer very intelligently what has he done so simplified? 2 separate volumes: one for MASTE OUT LIVE, and here I use to work without distortion and never on the red led ok ?? after that the other volume has been created “for recording only” so here everyone can choose the volume they want !! it seems to me such a simple and easy thing to insert into a firmware, as Pioneer has done for years !! you don’t need a nuclear engineer !! if the pioneer did it, the denon could do it too !! DISAPPOINTMENT!!

Just record as you are already and then use any old free program to lift the recording level.

There’s no urgent scenario either, where a recording with perfect level is essential immediately. Whenever I recorded a show, the earliest it was needed was for the drive home, or the next day. Taking 2 mins to DAW the levels was, and is, just fine.

Even if the prime 4 offered no recording option at all, it wouldn’t detract from what the prime 4 lets an experienced DJ do during their performance - the recording ability is a bonus, not an essential - there’s a workflow for lifting the record level, there are external recorders available that people can use if they don’t like the way the internal option, just like lots of other workflows… like if you don’t like the internal fx, buy an external fx box.

you still don’t understand what I want to convey !! why do I have to use external software after I have spent 2000 euros on the console? because?? I need the recording of each of my DJ sets in the evening because I work there ok? I do so from 35 of dj ok? never used external sotware, because with other consoles I have never had these problems !! do you understand or not? everyone must be free to choose and how to work !! this problem, both Pioneer and other console brands don’t have it and they cost much less than Denon !! if I knew it before I absolutely didn’t buy it, indeed being a beta tester, I’m not recommending anyone to take this prime for these problems. and that’s that!! I and other users of the forum have been asking for months here to solve this problem, because it annoys many qyui inside, go and reread all the posts if you don’t understand what I’m talking about !! so maybe you will understand better!

The problem here, is you.

2 Likes

It is in essence not a problem, but by design. There is a headroom of 18dB until 0dBFS.

The only thing you and others miss, is a preference to boost the recording level. That’s all and that’s the reason you’re “never going to buy DenonDJ” and keep stating the “disappointment”? Okay…

3 Likes

:rofl: It was a molehill. Now it’s a mountain. :laughing: