Recording sounding low on the Prime 4

A change / increase in The low recording level has been suggested already, for something for denon to look at. So I’m sure they’ll add something to the recording options if they can

it seems obvious to me … let’s see if Denon understands this serious problem, that in Pioneer consoles this doesn’t exist at all, because it seems obvious to me to have 2 different volumes, and not one, as Denon uses, because if I want to increase the output volume of registration I have to increase the levels and volumes of the Gain on the corresponding channels !! it is an illogical thing in general electronics.

This level is a small inconvenience only. Not serious enough to be fixed in front of many other seen things

Ain’t that the truth! LOL

You don’t have to be crazy to own pioneer now, but it helps.

So you don’t own any prime, you just joined here to be angry about something that doesn’t impact you at all?

besides being a professional DJ since 1975, I have been an electronic / computer technician for 35 years as a main profession, and I can formally confirm and declare, that this is a serious problem instead, a bug inside the sound section, for those who make music at high levels like me, and I repeat, having paid 1,900 euros for this console, I pretend that at the basic musical level, it has at least the same thing that my old pioneer DDJ-S1, from 2011 did, ok now? as electronics and technical quality, denon is much better, but it must absolutely fix and correct this problem (bug) regarding different volume levels, something that pioneer has been doing for years !!

2 Likes

Yes, that’s clear.

Let’s put this in perspective. It’s illegal to make a recording of copyright material and try and make money or commercial gain by selling those recordings, in lots of countries.

So the feature of recording a show is a personal thing. Something you’d listen to in the car on the way back from the gig, or next day while you work out what parts of your mix went well, and what parts could have been better. It’s certainly not serious nor a show stopper, nor performance affecting. It’s not even a feature that every user uses.

Once some of the less minority charges have been made to the firmware, I hope they do look at recording level and put either an auto record level or a manual record level slider on the screen.

From a programming point of view, it’s probably not all that big of an issue either. There’s probably a number stores somewhere in the firmware that’s currently set on something like 35 and just needs to be changed to 50 or something. They’ve probably kept it low to allow for every possibility of people maxing the channel gains, the faders to max, the eq knobs up to max, fx on, multiple channels like that, both mics in use and all that

Is it possible that Denon has a low recording level for the purpose of copyright infringement. Cuz think about it with the recording feature you can record any audio off your PC if you have it hooked up to the Denon Prime 4 through a channel. You could record anything from YouTube or any other music site and copy it to your hard drive. However if you do so with the volume so low it would be a lousy recording as when you turn the volume up it would just sound distorted. Maybe this is why Denon doesn’t improve the recording level.

It could be more likely that denon think if they released any new firmware with features OTHER than slidable beat grids and 16 decimal place BPM analyse, they’ll never hear an end to it.

I thought there was a sliding record level control on the pull down menu on the Prime 4 - I could be wrong though. Surely not all prime 4 members overlook it, so I must be wrong on that memory

No Impossible because with the Pioneer XZ, for example, you can also record anything on a usb key without any problem of volume

He doesn’t mean it is technology impossible - he means it might deliberately be set to low recording volume to discourage copyright infringing actions

This needs to be addressed in a firmware update and a manual record level linked to the 0db limiter.

1 Like

Hola, hay alguna respuesta de denon a este problema? Que más problemas encuentran en sus prime4? Tengo la mcx8000 y quiero comprar una prime4 porque mcx8000 nunca me ha funcionado bien en modo autónomo

if you read my posts well, I never wrote that I have to sell my recordings !!! NEVER WRITTEN !! I just wrote, which then serve me to understand the various mixage errors made during my disco nights, after which I can also listen to them with my friends in the car or in our private parties !! then I repeat, this problem of volumes, must be solved, to give everyone the opportunity and the freedom to modify the 2 volumes indifferently, as the pioneer has been doing for years, so I don’t see why a big brand like Denon, which as I also wrote, turns out to be the BEST both in terms of hardware and software, so as a result it can also play, and easily solve this sound problem, making changes to the firmware, just because it is superior to Pioneer. the speech seems so logical.

2 Likes

You so really need to drop the attitude that and belief that people haven’t read your post, if they disagree with you, or try to explain something to you that you have missed or that it appears that you don’t understand yet.

55/5000

I answer what I read wrong and correct …

and in any case do not offend … because here you do not understand it is not me … I do not want to discuss such silly things, but instead solve a much more important problem, which I have talked about since start in a very polite and respectful way for everyone !! thank you

You suggesting that people haven’t read your posts well, and you using whole words in capitals (which is like shouting) could be construed as less than polite. But it could just be that emotion is not carried well in your writings.

1 Like

the uppercase inserted only in 2 words, means to specify the meaning of the whole topic well, it seems so clear to me, also because at my age of 54, I don’t use chats like the 20 old, and therefore I don’t follow the their rules, but rules for adults, it is not my style to shout, in the emails that I write in my job and profession, between technicians, lawyers and managers, certain words are written in capital letters just to make people understand the meaning of the speech and what you want focus on the topic covered … now I hope you understand what I want to understand ok? that’s all.

We are trying to help you understand.