New Denon Media players on the way?

Aka: the very essence of marketing 101 in not only attracting new customers, seducing rival brand customers over but also keeping existing customer feeling like they have a young, fresh unit.

And yea, I’m fully expecting you to keep chucking your toys out of your stroller for a week or two after every firmware update until “your” feature appears. Don’t worry, we’ll sing happy birthday until you get all 8 candles blown out lol

1 Like

Sycophant. I make the point that the ‘token system’ is not being honored, and somehow I’m acting childish for pointing that out? LMAO!! Ahh, Fanboys.

Boy, things are escalating quickly here again. Wasn’t the topic about new players, i.e. hardware?

As for the token system, I see it similarly that for such a big version jump (2.4->3.0) a few more points should have been covered. Sampler and remote control alone are a bit sparse. But I suspect 3.0 plays into the revised database. Therefore, fine for me.

As long as they keep up the trend of regularly working off 1 or 2 of the top requested topics (and they do, things like Sampler or Active Loops had been heavily requested), I’m in good spirits that within the next 18-24 months the most important requests will be implemented.

2 Likes

There was never any suggestion that the highest 1, 2 , 5 or whatever votes for requests (and they were ONLY requests, not demands, or temper tantrums) would most definitely be implemented in any particular timescale, or at all.

In-Music would know, better than anyone else, which requests (again -requests- ) would be achievable and without detriment to the existing functions or other imminent features. Not every (again) request out of the hundreds and hundreds that have been submitted are going to be added. If something isn’t possible to be added, without causing detriment, then it doesn’t matter how many votes it gets - logic and dedication to customers and the customer experience outweighs that.

1 Like

The pads HUD and effects reset are also good additions that are being overshadowed by the other 2 implementations.

Have you seen it? No leaks, so far :slight_smile:

Google it Kevin, a ropy YouTube video pops up but it’s clear enough to get an idea.

I think I just found it.

1 Like

It reminds me of the bridge from the original starship enterprise, with the curved front.

1 Like

There’s a shop website with good pictures. Priced around 3000€.

1 Like

Wowzers, Pio tax in full swing.

2 Likes

Announcement in a few days. In essence a Prime4 with some extra screens and a home-interior styling. :relieved:

3 Likes

It’s not cheap and I’m not sure I like the curvature of the housing. But it certainly is a deviation from their design language. Looks a bit like they hired people from NI’s hardware team and were inspired by Denon DJ. The controls and screens look awesome!

2 Likes

Yeah those screens do look very good, depending on what they actually do that could be very innovative (touch screen with different functions available on tabs)

It looks to me like Denon have got under skin at the very least and they have reacted.

Don’t find it anywhere Maybe it’s removed

Wow, that thing is fugly!! What’s up w’ that shape?!? LOL!!! But you’re right, STU-C, those screens do look good!

1 Like

…which Pioneer have just introduced on their new DDJ-FLX10

1 Like

The pads HUD and effects reset are also good additions that are being overshadowed by the other 2 implementations.

Yes, I am aware, but none of those are killer-new or major features. Still, I actually prefer and love the HUD over the Sampler itself as EDM DJ. Quite convenient and great to have as an option.

As for the Pioneer Opus [N]one: Fugly and too expensive. 3000 bucks just because of those sloped edges and two tiny extra screens, plus the Zone and Loop Encoders from Denon? Nah. Misses too many essentials like track skip buttons, performance pads and if I see right even a Slip Mode button. Prime 4 is a whole one grand less and more capable.

gimmicky features like “lighting controls”

Nope, those ain’t “gimmicky” at all and SoundSwitch is one of my main reasons why I switched to EngineDJ. By comparison, RB-DMX1 is hot trash and de-facto abandonware.

3 Likes

Pioneer didn’t invent much of this user interface stuff on the displays, though, and it comes more from computer software. InMusic owns Avid Torq 2.0, which was coded by AIR Germany, and ImageLine’s Deckadance 1&2 software. One could make the argument InMusic is just following their own IP’s pedigree.

That is true and also the reason why the voting system is useless and basically just a pacifier for denon users not to complain too loudly.

It took 5+ years to add a freaking export linking mode to use players with tracks on the PC. A feature that was already present in the original Engine software.

1 Like