New Denon Media players on the way?

Same ol’ post update blues being exhibited.

Great new features, including a world first, some of the longest, most requested user features released for free. And yet, we’re seeing some tantrum replies as if from 7 year olds, because other peoples requests got implemented ahead of their own requests.

We’ve seen this before, it bubbles up for a few days after a firmware update, while people think that the next chance their fav request, their “urgent can’t live without” request, has a chance of appearing is another few months away.

Maybe they’ll get their “I can’t dj without this” feature in time for their 8th birthday, or maybe not.

Yeah there is some guy on Youtube spamming the videos about the update, talking about stacked waveforms calling it shameful that it isn’t there… not a single word about what has been included, just purely focusing on what hasn’t.

They must live in a world of pure negativity, cant see how that is healthy for body or mind.

3 Likes

…and some of his sentence structure is identical to some of the posts above, along the same lines.

Not the FLX10, but the one called Opus-Quad in that same topic.

Yes adding artwork would be fantastic, it helps with remembering songs.

It definitely gives some nice visual feedback (and look much better inside the jog-wheels as well :blush:)

1 Like

So true, the little things make all the difference :raised_hands:t3: I think a DJ is going to do a step by step guide on how to conduct the new upgrade :pray:t3: I’m worried I do something wrong and make it impossible to fix :joy:

Ohhhh i missed that Reese, just googled, that is definitely a break from their usual design isn’t it.

Artwork can still be added externally to the file though can’t it? E.G. in iTunes.

1 Like

It sure can, but would be nice not needing to use multiple applications to manage your library :blush:

Yeah fully agree Kris. Are we able to rate music on the device yet? that would be nice. im on 2.3.2 so unsure if its been added.

1 Like

Although I don’t think that just 5 stars is really enough of a division (10 would be better) it would be nice to do more “admin” on the players themselves, including stars, tag editing, loop name giving/editing, hot cue naming/editing

Yeah all useful definitely. My main time for making those decisions is during a gig so it would be handy.

1 Like

I have not worked that out yet, I only use ITunes or Applemusic, when I transferred my library over to engine DJ and then to the SATA card the artwork was gone. I’ve not been able to get the artwork to transfer.

You can’t blame the classics :wink:

Ive narrowed down the issue to the artwork not showing on the file in finder, but being displayed in Music.

It looks like some kind of cache issue with the album art directory. Currently searching google to see if i can find a resolution.

1 Like

Hahaha it does actually look like that.

1 Like

If they’d copy first and innovate after, they’d always be behind the competition. People still wouldn’t step over and would simply buy “the original”. Like Formula1, teams that copy the top teams shall never pass them.

The key is to catch-up while innovating. And I think that’s the only way really. However, us both being here since 2017, I do get your point of view and choice for CDJ3000

Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:t2:

I guess I should have elaborated on my point a bit further. I don’t think Pioneer have much more innovation left in them that within’ their current business model, they are probably willing to do. They are afraid to change anything for the fear of upsetting the “Pro” DJs that are appparently telling them not to? I still have a hard time believing that. The point is, while the old guard ‘may’ be tellling them to make conservative changes, the “Pros” of the future will have undoubtedly come up on controllers, and it is for them that Denon should continue to make these controller-like features. But, I suppose this is a fair statement…

I just wish they’d do a litlle more catch-up, and a little less flashy features for like a year or so.

Oh, snap, ‘Camp 3’ rearing it’s ugly head.

1 Like