New Denon Media players on the way?

…but the Prime series has always been about standalone use, for those who want to move away from computers. Choosing to buy a standalone device then wanting to use it tethered to a computer strikes me as odd.

1 Like

Completely different software, in every element except name, however.

Always? Oh please oh please: tell me then why-oh-why inMusic decided to partner with Serato to use the StAnDaLoNe devices as dumb controllers since 2017?

That was a rethorical question btw, no need to answer.

For anywone else reading this: using link doesn’t make the Prime gear less standalone. It’s about database management, not being forced at home to always sync changes on tracks made on devices to your PC database.

I would never play to a audience from computer, but for home preparation it is a nice tool. It’s my personal experience, as I always believed it was “useless”, but tested it and liked the ease of use.

1 Like

In fact, so completely different software, that inMusic didn’t even bother to build a database conversion option from Engine 1.5.2 → Engine Prime!

Making every existing Denon user that decided to upgrade from SC players and MCX8000 to Prime players SO FREAKING HAPPY that they have lost all of their cuepoints, playlists, etc as a reward for upgrading.

At this point, it’s almost tradition to nuke the old database every time Denon brand gets sold/decides to change software solution. Denon Music Manager → Engine → Engine Prime

Thank you Pharell Williams lol

I’ve just done a 5hr set on my prime 2, enjoyed it :man_shrugging:t2:

4 Likes

I would personally love a way to work on playlists and cue points from an app on my phone. I always have my phone and honestly could knock out some quality prep time in all sorts of places.

1 Like

I used to enjoy that on the XDJ-R1, in fact 10 years later I find it hard to believe tablet integration has hardly gone anywhere.

1 Like

Tidal playlist prepped on the phone app are instant available in the hardware. I realize it’s not the way you are looking for, but it is a way :slight_smile:

No, no sorry. I almost added that, I don’t stream professionally, expect for the odd request I wouldn’t have. I do appreciate the effort though. :stuck_out_tongue:

Long overdue at this stage.

10 years overdue more accurately.

A single screen library would solve a lot of user feature requests, from track prep to 2 players/1 playlist browsing ergonomics

5 Likes

I came across this SC4000 concept article earlier…

https://djtechtools.com/2020/06/16/future-dj-gear-concepts-denon-dj-sc4000/

The article is a bit confusing as they call it the SC6000 as well as an SC4000 and the mock up still has SC6000 branding (bit lazy)

1 Like

Not a bad idea though is it. Id buy one.

1 Like

Honestly one of these looks like a toy… unfortunately they are the ones I currently have. They are having a wonderful life in my basement not having being even powered on since two updates ago… regret.

This is the (InMusic) way!!