New controller for second layer?

Now imagine if Denon also made the SC2000 compatible with Prime players as a smaller more basic second layer controler

(cough) Hanpin (cough)

1 Like

I don’t think this will be a media player. If so, why would it need to serve as a layer controller? The media player would be smaller.

This will most likely be strictly a controller. Would be cool to be surprised with a M version of it.

lol I sense a meme photo coming soon to a booth near you.

I hope it is a new stand controller I can use with a laptop and x1800 mixer. Maybe they can have it work with a new version of the engine software downloadable on the computer since it has a lack of screens.

It would be a shame if all that new unit was, was a slave deck for the 2 layer.

Maybe it’s got an internal hard drive caddy ?

Maybe there’s HDMI out for massive library viewing?

Maybe it’s a standalone player with hdmi out instead of a giant screen ?

1 month from “leak” without further updates. Can you share any info if we can expect it this year ?

2 Likes

I don’t understand why they couldn’t just make it MIDI compatible and make Prime compatible with any MIDI controller.

It would have been even better if they had been ready for release within a week or two from the “leak”.

2 Likes

Come on, this is InMusic…it’s gonna’ be at least a year from it’s revealing (and this is only a tease). I kid, but seriously, Y’all can learn a thing or two from Pioneer at this point.

*That said, I am super excited if it’s what I think it is…

3 Likes

At the risk of sounding negative, I won’t be holding my breath.

Yeah, if only Denon was as cutthroat as Pioneer. They are newbs in this (top-tier media player) arena. That’s fair. But, if they hope to continue to infringe on Pio’s marketshare, they had better put their big boy shorts on. From what I’ve been reading on social media, the ball appears to be in their court. Hopefully they don’t drop it!!!

That’s the thing, Denon isn’t new to this.

I recently watched this stream. Chris Roman had some interesting things to say. Nothing specific, but the future seems bright.

Yeah, that was interesting. Shame I wasn’t aware of it happening live, as I’d certainly have some questions for him. :grinning:

I watched it at 1.5x speed, coz that guys talks a lot :joy:

1 Like

Personally I don’t understand why anyone would want to pay any money for a strictly-controller version of Prime that has inferior jogs, pitch faders, and buttons compared to an under $100 Hanpin controller. That’s what a controller is, after all: jogs, faders, and buttons. Heck, you can pay a little more and get a similar Hanpin that also plays tracks off a USB and can link over USB cable to share drives. Practically a free feature.

So it looks similar to Prime and has Denon DJ written on it? I’m more interested in general MIDI compatibility on Engine OS than for another Denon DJ controller, even if it is Prime.

Well, let me rephrase that… I guess I do understand why some would. Some will buy to be completists and have everything Prime(d), but I don’t see how it’s a particularly special product and I certainly wouldn’t. Easy for InMusic to make? Will some people buy? Sure. So from a business standpoint I get it. And I understand some of you are enthused. Guess I just hope if you dudes get your Prime thing, Engine OS gets MIDI.

Then again… would I even use MIDI capability on Engine OS at all even it was opened up? Probably not, now that I think about it. And I suppose from a business standpoint, a dedicated layer controller on Prime without opening Engine OS MIDI input support would make sense to keep some people buying.

Because a Denon unit wouldn’t be a “Hanpin”.

1 Like

Which under $100 Hanpin controller you referring too? I’m seriously interested…

Would Denon or inmusic be shooting themselves in the foot for giving people a way of controlling layers with two physical control surfaces, but only one of those control surfaces a nicely profit laden real deck?

I mean if someone buys two SC6000s, that’s two proper sales of €2000 each so about €4000 - but profit to denon might be 20% of that so maybe they get €800 from a sale of two sc6000s

If a dumb slave layer controller is guessed to be €500 and someone buys it with a €2000 sc6000 then that’s €2500 with denon getting about €500

That’s denon down €300 profit

But then for the customer that would be two amazing decks or at least control surfaces for €2500 the pair , which is pretty fudging amazing at sort of €1250 per side. So maybe that’s not a €300 loss for denon as that’s a customer who might not have gone that route if the slave layer controller wasn’t available at all.

I’ve confused myself with all that now. Good luck anyone else making sense of it