New controller for second layer?

What else can you tell us? :grin:

2 Likes

Nothing nada :zipper_mouth_face:

2 Likes

You mean NDA? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

A an owner of a lone SC6000 (and not made of money), I would totally buy something like this!

Hell, I was already getting ready to just deal with having only one unit and spam the layer button. I’m really excited about the possibilities!

2 Likes

Was baffling to me to think they would be missing. Goal should be to mimic entirely the experience, full feature parity. Whether as an add on (w sc) or standalone (w computer).

I’ve been going through the various possible setups with this device and it’s … interesting! Standalone one deck jog controller is a new concept (I think) but I imagine InMusic used its market knowledge from the Rane 12 + Sc5000s and see a real opportunity.

My guess overall is that this opens up some interesting if unvalidated use cases AND it doesn’t cost a ton to make bc of SC6000 similarities. Worth it for Denon to try to see if its a hot and to keep excitement in the market for what they’re doing.

Which bodes well for future development. Continued creative product thinking from Denon! Love 2 see it.

2 Likes

I have no idea, what i want is Denon’s version to the Pioneer sample pad.

Are we there yet? :hourglass_flowing_sand:

Now would be an excellent time to announce. …take some wind out of Pioneers sails.

4 Likes

It’s crazy, the difference in reaction between this and the new Pioneer unit.

Since the initial sighting in the Laidback Luke clip, there’s been little or no social media activity. No photos, no comments. Nothing. From anyone.

OTOH things have gone crazy since the teaser from Pioneer.

On DJWORX the Denon leak story has 18 comments, and the thread seems to be completely dead now.

The Pioneer story has over 100 comments and is still going strong.

Missed opportunity?

Maybe someone sh*t their pants after seeing how Pioneer’s campaign was derailed by public outcry - and decided not to stretch the teaser game.

It’s just because pioneer is really really more popular, in Paris for example most people don’t care for Denon DJ, everybody play on the Nexus or Nexus 2 and it’s fine because majority of my friends don’t see the point on new functionality, can we play my wav with CDJ ? Yes! No problem for reading with usb stick? Yes! I’m really few of French who are interested with the SC5000/SC6000 Another example they find the SC5000 really ugly, with the green colors of monster energy, the cheap chrome knob, they don’t like the Jog tension with only 5 parameters VS a full range with CDJ, it’s doesn’t good for backspins &

It’s a shame I agree but most of people want reliability and good software for playlist, others things they don’t care

The SC6000 correct all the things I don’t like with Denon except maybe the Jog tension

1 Like

Everybody? Like who? Only in a small dj agency I am in over 50 djs signed a Prime setup as their gear of choice by free will. Every club I go to has a Prime setup their own or rented for the evening. No problems. So I see Pioneer is getting slowly but surely pushed out of the dj booths.

1 Like

You just know that someone’s going to buy a pair of the slave decks only and wonder why they don’t make any sound when you put them next to a mixer

???

2 Likes

IDK, but I think the salve deck is a good idea. Not only for prime series but as a single deck midi controller - this is a thing that no one has at this moment.

2 Likes

And it has been heavily requested for years, especially from Traktor users.

5 Likes

Behringer PL-1, Reloop something and Denon SC2000 so yeah, Traktor users had choice.

Not to mention the most popular Traktor single deck choice: Pioneer CDJ-400. From a “crappy” lower tier CDJ that cannot read wav’s to a amazing Traktor single deck controller, audio interface and standalone backup.

The SC2000 was ahead of its time. It’s still selling used for decent prices.

The Behringer (and probably the Reloop, too) was crap. The CDJ-400 was released 2008 - twelve years ago. Back then, separate controllers and HID weren’t much of a thing.

I was desperately looking for a modular controller with full sized jogs, display, performance pads and HID support for Traktor. Of course you could buy a NXS2, which has some of the features - for $2.200 per deck. But something more reasonably priced is still not available.

Only decent deck controller I had in my hands was EKS Otus, all other was small baby size jog wheels. So now to get a new single deck controller from Denon is a good idea.

You’re righ !! I’m currently looking for a SC2000 but cannot find at least one :worried: Modular controllers are underestimated by big manufacturers but there are so handy !! They are perfect for practicing, mobility, as add-ons to higher end gears. I wished so hard a companion for my Akai AMX and AFX but Akai has never even thought about it…

It’s a total day dream but it would be a pretty amazing coup d’etat against Pioneer’s current marketing campaign to announce a standalone layer controller that is also a certified Trakor/Serato controller, and surprise now the entire Prime lineup is Trakor HID enabled too…

2 Likes