I would love to buy an SC6000

For me 3 band is perfect, clean and simple. RGB would be cool as an option, but I personally would never use it.

2 Likes

Ale sure ya vote on my feature request por favor.

1 Like

Done! - “De rien”

2 Likes

You are right that this forum sometimes downplays the needs of other DJs. Seen it happen before… Your own workflow isn’t the only one :wink: We would be terrible salesmen…

2 Likes

They’ll be missed…

This forum doesn’t, what gets boring is people saying “Feature A missing means these are unusable”, and “Feature B missing means they are just not made for the professional market” when they are simply wants (massive lack of understanding on here about the difference; a car NEEDS wheels to drive, I WANT Apple CarPlay in it). Anyone that says they can’t DJ with the Denon display because it isn’t the RGB of Rekordbox/Serato is full of it. It might not be a preference, it might feel weird, and I respect that, but if I can show a 12 year old kid how to use the Denons, it’s not hard for an adult to learn how to use.

7 Likes

I Need Apple CarPlay. It’s a deal breaker for me.

No Apple CarPlay. I’m not buying or renting that car.

Yes, if people start to be immature about it, yes, you are absolutely right. But if mufasa “needs” Apple Carplay in it’s car, I can highlight some of the nice features a car without Carplay has, but if he still persists on that feature, who am I to say he is wrong. I mean, I can tell him I find that the other features weigh in a lot more, but telling him he’s being insane about it, or an idiot, or even a troll, that’s actually not very nice. mufasa on his part has to understand that not everyone thinks Carplay is that important…

It’s a fine line, and “agreeing to disagree” takes a lot of maturity, even in my late 30’s I have difficulties taking the high road sometimes. It’s a lot easier to get carried away in my own emotions and talking people’s opinion down… Maybe I crossed a line in suggesting he was trolling, but then again he started to call names…

If we want to be Denon “ambassadors” however, I suggest we do our best to take the high road. And that’s what @Crimson was getting at, I think…

2 Likes

Kind of is for me too, my wife’s just order her next car without it. Bloody Merc too…

1 Like

And you’ve hit the nail on the head there, it’s about maturity (which is kind of what I was trying to say, but that word sums it up much better). I love talking about what could make the Denons better, and some of the ideas are superb, it’s when people spit their dummy saying the products are unusable that it gets mine, and a lot of others’, backs up. I know it’s only a forum, and lots are not even discussing in their native language, but if does feel like a school playground here sometimes with the feet stamping.

4 Likes

Yeltsin is a voice of reason here.

We had people come here and say they will not buy Prime hardware because of the black/green styling. How not to call such people insane? What I’m saying is that that line is very thin sometimes.

Waveforms are lacking? Sure, post about it. Make a feature request. But say that it’s unusable and ignore a xx number of other advanced features? GTFO

3 Likes

Car doesn’t drive without it?

You choose p.i.s.s poor example mate.

2 Likes

Thats again your personal opinion :wink:

Nope. It must have the power of tree-born fruit in order to surpass 88 miles per hour and travel back to the future.

I sometimes play tracks I’ve never heard before, when I’m streaming. The Denon waveform doesn’t hinder me at all. Maybe that’s my 40 year experience, but I can’t understand the fuss.

6 Likes

Same - I reckon other than for a 20-30 second sample as I add music to my Beatport playlists, I’ve never heard anything I stream live, and my mixing isn’t too bad. As long as you half understand musical structure, you can mix on anything. Denon waveforms are certainly easier than looking for darker grooves under the deck light!!!

2 Likes

I never said it was hindering. I said it was lacking …

The point I wanted to make is a Full Band RGB Waveform is superior, hence why people are posting threads and requests for it.

My 20+ years of DJ experience tells me that’s why there is a fuss with some regarding the situation. Maybe with another 20 years experience I’ll think differently, but doubt it.

1 Like

In your opinion. In mine, it makes no difference whatsoever. I can DJ with any colour waveform, or even without a waveform at all. I certainly wouldn’t refuse to buy a product because I didn’t like the colour/style of the waveform.

3 Likes

To me the RGB isn’t clear at all. I don’t know what I’m looking at with all the colors; which color is what etc. Maybe I should still get into that more and experience its ‘superiority’, but being a Traktor user in the past switching from spectrum to ultraviolet most of the time, I think RGB just isn’t for me.

I’ve been editing audio my whole life, past decades in SoundForge, and seldom had the need for Spectralayers as well. Others swear by it.

So, and I think I already stated it years ago in the original topic, I would welcome RGB waveform as an option for folk that “need / want / can’t live without it” so that we have multi-DJ-audience devices in our hands with Prime.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I want & need the RGB as an option in Engine Prime though. RGB is awesome for beat gridding.

For playback though….the blue, green , white does the job. I will probably stick with that on the players…I think

1 Like