I would love to buy an SC6000

Yes, I think I’ll have to accept… no, not happening. I guess I’m going over to the darkside.

Again, you’re insane… you’re giving up so much over an effing waveform…

If waveforms are that much of a deal to you then you should really go back to basics and re-learn mixing without them. Not trying to be an ass here, in 4 years of owning the SC5000 I only ever look at the waveforms for hotcue/loop placement and that’s it. Like seriously, what do you need the waveforrms for???

Genuinely non-plussed by this… frankly bizarre

2 Likes

Hi Jonny, thanks for your input. I don’t need to go back to basics as I never stopped DJing with my turntables and real vinyl (not timecode). Not trying to be an ass here, but, why did you get a device with a screen if you hardly ever use it? And, you don’t understand why a waveform is important on a digital player? I don’t want to be harsh, maybe you are just a bit dumb. Thanks anyway.

Untrue… I use it for library browsing, You specifically said waveforms, I didn’t. Additionally, I bought the hardware so I could ditch the software and laptop. The competing hardware at the time (CDJ 2000) didn’t do it for me, and now that we’re in 2021, the CDJ 3000 is no comparison either.

Oh I really wouldn’t brandy that word around if I were you…

1 Like

browsing is the main reason for me… Waveforms snuck in along the way (Traktor), and compromised my ability to rely on my ears.

Please keep the discussion nice. This already borderlines with a trolling-attempt, but we give you benefit of the doubt and try to do a mature discussion. Saying things like that doesn’t help

I thought that from the outset, joined yesterday, won’t buy the (currently) best piece of hardware out there because he doesn’t like the colour of the waveforms. I call shenanigans…

4 Likes

I dont get why people spend time trying to convince someone like this.

1 Like

What a pointless post - if you want to get Pioneer, crack on - just don’t bother us with the story, please - its full of negativity. I don’t give a hoot what you buy. If you want to make a mistake, all power to you.

Nice way to introduce yourself to the group!

2 Likes

I just read the whole story here, and @subwax underlines here all.

@masmano just brags about waveforms - wow… Who cares if You don’t care? For all people here - options and performance is the 1st thing in line, bells and whistles (+cowbell) is something we can forgive for not being as we all like. You want to change the colors of the waveforms on SC6000’s? You can add Your vote to already existing feature request about it and then buy SC6000 when Your nr 1 feature is implemented. If not, don’t waste Your time and ours on pointless discussions leading only to arguments and insult. We are friendly people here and want to help. But we as non Denon employees - we can ask nicely and count on it, that Denon will some day deliver. Same goes for other brands. You can suggest Your own ideas for the product improvement, but it is never an obligation to the company to do it as You wish.

Here is the place to add Your LIKE (heart) as a vote and hope for the best. https://community.enginedj.com/t/rgb-waveforms/11182

2 Likes

It’s almost to 100 now

2 Likes

We do need more cowbell though!

https://vimeo.com/257364428

2 Likes

Now we need someone to bump it into the century club.

Maybe we will tag one of the denon guys to vote :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

I see what you did there :wink: Its a completely different level though :stuck_out_tongue:

Have you voted yet?

I’m campaigning

@Johan you havent voted yet :stuck_out_tongue:

I sure did a longer time ago…

1 Like

I’ve not voted, because I feel there are other issues which re more urgent… :wink:

Go vote on those issues as well. Not voting on feature requests while wishing for those same features in discussion is useless.

1 Like

:rofl:

My 2 cents. You’re insane.

Again, you’re insane…

You didn’t find this inappropriate? Because I only answered to that.

Some of you keep sayig I don’t like the color, I couldn’t care less about the color, I said I didn’t like THE KIND of waveform, 3 band. I was just giving my opinion. It was a legit suggestion, I was considering to buy an SC6000 (I haven’t made up my mind yet), I’m not a pionner fanboy, just the opposite, I wish Denon would take on Pioneer. You are happy with the sc6000 waveforms? Good for you!! Enjoy your music.

P.D. It’s a wrap, not entering here anymore so I won’t see any reply.

2 Likes

The classic epilogue

1 Like

I see once again a possible customer from the other side putting across a very fair argument and once again some on here make assumptions and or twist what is said, and the OP is given the regular talking down to that all who dare mention Pioneer generally get on here.

He is right, the Waveform of the Denon Players is seriously lacking compared to a proper Full Band RGB waveform …

… and those wanting to play the oldskool no visual markers card, need to ask themselves why they’re in the SC6000/M forum making such comments in 2021.

A Full Band RBG Waveform is extremely helpful for DJ’s who venture into the unknown territories of mixing - i.e. tracks they simply do not know or are brand-new remixes, so mixing on the fly becomes a less scary option for some DJ’s.

2 Likes