Export Link Feature

While this thread does drift in and out of usefulness at times, it’s (yet) another great advert for why the forums Anti-post bump option needs to be switched back on.

• Yes, any usb keyboard, find the topic here on the forum for details.

• Mouse no, they disabled that in the player os

Moin @SlayForMoney ,

thanks for your prompt reply. I will try it out

Brgds BeatMaster

Don’t get too emotional about it, PKtheDJ…

I was originally asking if I’m missing some information and setting it up wrong - as the original request was marked as ‘solved / implemented’.

I fully understand I have a stand-alone system.

I do not use Serato or Virtual DJ. I do not use ‘performance mode’ in rekordbox either.

If the Denon systems were capable of pushing songs from the laptop into the Prime series, then it would be more comfortable to use during long gigs for me, personally.

Many other DJs have worked like this for years and years.

The Denon community has been very helpful and friendly so far. We all have our own preferred ways of working and I was looking for advice mostly. But it seems I’ve misunderstood the latest update and its functionality.

Cheers

2 Likes

What difference does it make whether tracks are “pushed” or “pulled”? The hardware connects to the software and tracks can be played. How is one “more comfortable” than the other?

This just seems like yet another one of those “it has to be exactly like Pioneer or it’s useless” things…

When the Prime series are working as standalone players, the USB port is not active. USB is only active when in controller mode.

1 Like

I have never once suggested it’s useless, I really rate the Denon stuff and I’m giving it a very fair try - despite several annoying issues with BPM and Grid analysis.

To do an 8 hour commercial gig in a club, the little screen on a Prime 2 or even Prime 4 can get a little bit tiresome to browse through. Especially when I spend all night clicking view, browse, tapping a keyboard, fixing errors because the space bar hasn’t worked.

I’m not doubting as stand alone units they wipe the floor with pioneers current offerings. But a similar export mode would really seal the deal, for me and many other DJs who work this way.

No slandering or denon vs XYZ from me, at all. I suggest you start reading things more carefully before creating an argument that was never there. I come in peace. :joy::man_facepalming:t3:

2 Likes

Back at you with that one. Nowhere was it written that YOU said it’s useless.

Surely you knew how the Prime units worked (via the screen) even before you bought one? I’ve done long sessions on my Prime 4 and don’t find it “tiresome”. Anyway there are plenty of plain old controllers on the market with no tiresome screens - even Pioneer ones that use the “comfortable” system.

1 Like

Sorry but this was totally uncalled for. Nowhere in this thread has anyone compared to pioneer or suggested anything is useless.

I’ve mentioned rekordbox export mode as a reference only, as I assumed the new added feature was practically the same thing.

I’m glad you don’t find it tiresome and congratulate you.

Apologies for giving the Prime 2 a try and getting involved on the forum with my questions.

Proper salty and unnecessary attitude from you, my friend - I’ll be sure to think twice before asking questions around here in future! :man_facepalming:t3: :man_shrugging:t3:

2 Likes

Another thread which shows that anti-bump should be re-activated

I could be wrong but old Engine had the push feature as well when using network play.

3 Likes

Moin @Ben_Hall and all others to whom it may concern,

a little bit of topic in this post, but I want to revert on this:

It’s a never ending story, and a few days ago, I had direct mails with DENON’s staff in this matter.

I learnt that my feature request is at 48th position, and that there are not enough votes for it, to be solved with first priority. So I have to collect some more votes …

Pls. have look a the links down low, and pls. feel free to vote for it.

Good luck and

Brgds BeatMaster

https://community.enginedj.com/t/flexible-beatgrid-ability-to-set-a-manual-downbeat/36984/1

(https://community.enginedj.com/t/flexible-beatgrid-ability-to-set-a-manual-downbeat/36984/45)

[https://community.enginedj.com/t/rgb-waveforms-engine-dj-desktop-os/36809/305]

https://community.enginedj.com/t/beat-matching-display-like-in-serato-pro/40274

https://community.enginedj.com/t/automatic-dynamic-beat-grid-analyzation/36900/13

https://community.enginedj.com/t/beat-grid-question-with-2-4-cut-time-shifts-in-a-song/42788

I think, this will do

TBF though, what real club would use a Prime 2 or 4 as their go to? Single point of failure, nothing to argue about. That’s a fact. Nothing on Denon, I would say the same of any club using an all in one Pioneer. If they do use them, they’re amateur at best and you should move on. At the very least, independent units should be used. Maybe I’m just spoiled, or maybe I expect the right equipment at a venue. Who knows?. :person_shrugging:

I think the general theme of your comment is correct, but perhaps lose a bit of the elitist arrogance about gear. Whilst clubs should look to use separate gear that can be swapped out, calling any modern standalone unit ‘amateur’ just nullifies an otherwise good post.

2 Likes

As the title says, I was reading through the forums and it seems the voting for this feature has disappeared. What happened?

I play a lot of weddings and event parties, and sometimes I just quickly have to go searching and dig through my music on my external harddrive and create new playlists on the fly. Therefore, the laptop (Mac OS) comes in much more handy when you quickly want to search something and create the playlists while you DJ. I understood the USB-B is mostly for updating firmware and using for Serato & VDJ, but it could be utilised better to actually use it for DJing with Denon software like you can using it with VDJ and Serato.

1 Like

There is a wireless connection to the laptop where you can play music from the Engine desktop software. I don’t personally use it but perhaps it’s an option worth exploring.

Mod can move this post to a already existing discussion about this: Export Link Feature

1 Like

Thanks for your comment Stu. At home, using the same network, I imagine it works great. But playing outside or at corporate event with thousands of people I find it hard to believe I can trust the wireless connection to be stable enough…

Yeah that’s a fair point, I’ve not tested it yet but can they do a direct connection? Essentially make the laptop a hot spot?

Then use a ethernet connection.