šŸš€ Engine DJ v4.0 Now Available - Enter the flow!

Yes!!! This is such a useful change! Thanks for highlighting it, @STU-C !

2 Likes

Hugely useful addition, big request too from lots of people.

What many people also wonā€™t realise, whilst it was removed from the Prime 4 after one of the updates, the Prime 2 never had it, so itā€™s a new feature.

I answer myself, I didnā€™t remember that I have my LC6000 connected! Thatā€™s why I didnā€™t get those options.

Yes, Vince works for InMusic and is a forum representative here, so you can take his word as confirmation.

1 Like

On my Prime 4 the FX bar is also available.

I reset it and the bar disappeared!

Loving the updates as always! Way to go guys. BUTā€¦

Will the day ever come where we can sort/search streaming playlists by BPM/Key? Seems like such an easy feature since you can already sort the same streaming playlists on the streaming service websites you use (Beatport,soundclound). Would be very helpful

1 Like

Overall, a nice update. I wish that in single deck view I could switch the full waveform to the bottom of the screen though.

3 Likes

Look this :rage: https://www.facebook.com/share/p/Y3xink1Mv3eDEbYb/

1 Like

Fully agree! Itā€™s a shame to have to keep hammering this point out: for me, with 2 SC5000ā€™s, thinking that there is a development team ANYWHERE thinking about feature improvements on a device older than a couple of years is shocking AND something to be lauded profusely.

If only the ā€œhatersā€ could find a way to perhaps phrase their disappointment at the lack of perfection in this world a little differently, weā€™d all be getting along much better.

2 Likes

Why do you feel offended at someoneā€™s criticism? Is Denon part of your personal identity? It shouldnā€™t be.

1 Like

How hard could it really be to just allow users to choose whatever color they want for anything on screen?

All the requests for disappearing certain on screen stuff: done.

All requests for different colored waveforms: done.

Seems like a no-brainer.

1 Like

I think itā€™s really unfair to criticize and make fun of what others do, they should already look at what they have under their noses and what their products donā€™t do before criticizing. At least Denon is evolving their products, they are not sticking with what they have and they are taking risks on the stability of the product with each new update, but at least they are moving forward and they are not abandoning their users. Those who do nothing risk nothing. I hate gratuitous nastiness!. If AlphaTheta (Pioneer) carried out so many updates to their products ok, users could compare and criticize the competition, but hereā€¦ thatā€™s not the case! Since July 2023, they have been waiting for the Opus Quad update which would integrate Streaming.

1 Like

Could be configurable via on-device JSON too.

Thatā€™s because of the tribal & cult mentality. I fell prey to this when i was younger for sure. At 45, nope.

3 Likes

I just see this kind of thing as blind ā€˜fanboyismā€™ same as iPhone fanboys trashing Android phones and vice versa. Playstation/XBox. Iā€™d put money on the majority of those guys never having touched an Engine DJ device, you give them one to play with for a week and 9/10 of them would soon wind their neck in, I would guarantee it. Would probably be an eye opener to them to be honest. Just my opinion.

2 Likes

I left a good answer there! Run before they delete kkkkkkk :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™m not sure that anyone who bought the Opus Quad gets to make comments on design choices. Talk about not seeing past the end of your own nose with that pig ugly thing.

4 Likes

The P4 is already quite big and heavy with 9.7kg, I couldnā€™t imagine carrying this 13.2kg oversized Atari around (just to use it with a laptop, like those users in that Facebook group). Totally kills the purpose for me.

I rather go the opposite way. Live4 at 5.8kg is a blessing for that.

3 Likes

They just mask their tears with laughter.

4 Likes