šŸš€ Engine DJ v4.0 Now Available - Enter the flow!

Absolutely. Good analysis bro.

I canā€™t recall where I saw this, but the Ethernet is hard locked at 100Mbs on boot up in one of the boot up scripts. This was clearly intentional and the ā€œwhyā€ may have to do with giving the SoC more time to compute stuff. I say this because things go :bat::poop:crazy when you put a Linux compatible 1GigE USB Ethernet interface on the devices.

Totally a wild guess. ĀÆ\_(惄)_/ĀÆ

Congrats to the release, team! :beers:

My in-depth look (14min) video is just getting uploaded on YT, while I finally fall asleep in my sarcophagus. Itā€™s 4:50 AM here. To please all freaks, this is my most nerdy slide:

Letā€™s continue the ride!

20 Likes

Great update Denon! Nice work :+1:

1 Like

Bit late on this one but thank you Denon for yet another great update yes most of us want stems and yes Bluetooth out would be great too but for everytime a new update comes out it just gives me a reason to get on the decks. I need to find a view that i can use on my players as well as my standalone so as not to confuse myself, having the library on screen at all times is a game changer for me as well as search within playlist i know that has been a longstanding request.

I canā€™t wait to get home and start having a go with the new layouts

3 Likes

A great update - with ā€œchangeā€ and with change will come divided opinion! The new layout has flexibility and when you get your head round it is brilliant! Can Denon do everything for everyone in a single release - NO! But this is a very considered and focussed release and shows a continued investment in the Development of the hardware! Thank you Team Denon (InMusic!)

PPS - can we get a DJS1000 killer yet??

6 Likes

Congrats team Denon, another big step forward !!! :+1:

1 Like

@Pwnda

Well, the Akai Force absolutely shreds the DJS1000 at a cheaper price, just sync it with Ableton Linkā€¦ but beware, itā€™s a chonky beast :smiley:

As for the Update 4.0, what a fantastic releaseā€¦! Looks good and implemented quite a few user requests (I believe like 5, or 6 even?!) involving popular ones. Engine seems far more flexible and modular now.

@Skaratak

wowā€¦ dude, now this is what I call a sick review, compared to the ā€˜usual suspectsā€™ you shaped it unique, detailed and even a bit mysteriousā€¦ couldnā€™t expect anything less from our masked Denon hero! Your English is more than okay, I love your accent. Its all a matter of practise. Just keep the subtitles, they do help. Also, that GDI introā€¦ salutes to Eric Alan Martin :')

4 Likes

Iā€˜ve got this view on my Prime 4 after the update

1 Like

and 128 beats at 320bpm :crazy_face:

1 Like

this update is so great, I hope this is one step closer to getting the edit tags, loops and cues on the hardware as well

https://community.enginedj.com/t/name-hotcues-and-loops-directy-from-the-players/36891?u=towny_drop

2 Likes

@Solaris Ha - I had a Force for a while but it was ā€œtoo muchā€ and what I needed was a simplified versionā€¦ (Maybe they need to make a scaled back ā€œkioskā€ of the OS with just the bits needed to replicate the sampler/sequencer features!?) I have a DJS1000 and a circuit happy box to give ableton link connectivity - the DJS is just really ā€œeasyā€ and quick to pick upā€¦ It would just be nice to get something from the denon family. (Donā€™t get me wrong - the DJS1000 is a great piece of kit - highly recommended!!)

Hrmmm. The FX bar really shouldnā€™t be there since there are dedicated OLED screens which already display this information. Because of this, it might cause unexpected behavior. You could try pressing the ā€œReset current viewā€ button in the Layout Manager to see if that resolves this. If that doesnā€™t, performing a factory reset should remove this from the screen.

Cheers,

Vince

5 Likes

Seems quite a few people like it Vince, perhaps a feature request for whoever does?

4 Likes

Ok itā€˜s gone now.

Btw. Finally we can use channel 3/4 only cheers

Thought Iā€™d be able to view both waveforms on my SC6000M. They really should be using layers, not decks when saying we can view two waveforms. I was extremely excited until I found out that we STILL canā€™t view the other deckā€™s waveform.

3 Likes

factory reset removed the fx bar from my P4. thanks

The Prime 4 still only got 21 beats shown on screen at 160bpm. That makes me sad :frowning:

I would really love to have some kind of ā€œAnalyseā€ to the streaming tracks before playing. And, I really would like to be able to sort the tracks by BPM on streaming tracks. I havenā€™t installed the update yet, but Iā€™m pretty sure itā€™s not implemented yet.

1 Like

On one of the previous builds, there was a crowd sourced streaming database implemented whereby analysis is uploaded and stored for others to use.

1 Like