🚀 Engine DJ v4.0 Now Available - Enter the flow!

this guy also have it

They probably recorded their videos using a beta build of the firmware and not the final version. Bear in mind those people likely did this a couple of weeks ago in preparation.

3 Likes

So wait, we can disable the beat indicator thing now? I noticed the request was closed.

1 Like

Beat Phase / Beat Keeper now ,how does ti work ? it sound new for me

SC5000 shows 64 beats at 160bpm

2 Likes

You can switch between a phase meter (the line that shows the beats are in line) or the the beat keeper (where there are 4 blocks denoting the beats)

Dear @JWill and all concerned,

with this update it is realized to unload a track when it is finished (hit shift + load).

Good things take their time.

Thanks a lot and brgds BeatMaster

2 Likes

hmm… but why did they close the feature request?

The request was to completly disable it.

I cannot do that after the update

1 Like

huge update ! massive amount of dev work thanks but i lost all my smart playlists. is this to be expected?

Not a clue, I don’t use any of them so I just ignore it.

1 Like

The new layout settings are very cool! Such a nice surprise.

Other than that, my highlights were:

“Filter and noise sweep are now audible in CUE/PFL mix”

What a great surprise! I don’t think I voted for this one as it’s something I could workaround by double checking the knob positions before mixing, but every now and then mistakes would be made. Well, not anymore! Thanks!

“Added the ability to adjust the position of the Playhead Position on the waveforms”

A good first step to fix my biggest complaint coming from Serato (more Zoom OUT team here). It already helps! Thanks again!

I was a bit sad with 3.4 not having much useful things for me (I don’t care about Bluetooth at all), but 4.0 came packed with nice improvements!

Overall a very positive update! :smiley:

3 Likes

thx bruv for the help

1 Like

Dear @Reticuli, all “Composers” , and all “Conductors”,

• phps within one of the next updates …
  • phps up and down the musical scale (QuintenCircle)

Brgds BeatMaster

Reopened. My bad.

2 Likes

SC6000M user here. Am I missing something or is there still no way to stack wave forms from one player onto the other with this update? We’ve always been able to stack layers a and b on the same player so that’s not an upgrade for us. I see the ability to stack 4 layers on the all-in-one’s. Is that too difficult of a technological climb for the SC5000 and SC6000?

3 Likes

I’m thinking in terms of eventually mirroring that with the pads… unlight the hot cue, loop, roll, slicer selection buttons and have the pads slide the key selection up there on screen. Using the on screen key change would still be permanent change, while the pads would be temporary until you hit Shift. Gemini can already do this on their SDJ.

You can try my Axure mock up of this kind of thing. There’s still space to the left for the new match / sync key toggle. Step one, though, is for them to move the current stuff back to the top and make it larger. Too small, now, and in a worse spot in 4.0.0, even with the current implementation.

Poll: Key Changing and Beast Mode Layout Modifications Axure Project for Human Factors Class - Engine DJ Hardware / Media Players - Engine DJ Community

Not yet. I personally think even the layer stacking on the player separates is now worse than before. If you want them stacked, you must have both moving waveforms on screen, not just both whole static waveforms and only the active layer’s moving waveform, and they don’t swap when you change layers. Probably fine with an LC sitting above your main player, but weird without it.

3 Likes

Moin @Reticuli,

we will see, what will happen. Here are so many ways making music E.g. three different ways for FX (Sweep FX, Touch FX and FX Parameter).

Brgds BeatMaster

1 Like

I’m okay with them not swapping when I change layers since that eliminates confusion. I always know what’s on each layer. The light switches to off on the non-selected layer so at least that’s something. But I can’t, for the life of me figure out how it’s technologically possible for the Prime 4, 4+ and all other 4 deck units to show all four decks at once while seemingly impossible on the SC5000 and SC6000. Are they so underpowered in terms of processing power that we would need an SC7000 to pull it off? Is that also the reason stems weren’t made available on these units in beta form? I guess I look at DJ equipment the same way I look at cars. The flagship model has all the bells and whistles and you buy down from there depending on what you feel you can do without. That may be the case here except I mistook the SC6000 for the flagship when it’s really the Prime 4.

I suspect it has less to do with the processing power of the players and more to do with the link. The Ethernet on Prime doesn’t seem to be exploited anywhere close to its full potential, and seems relatively rudimentary. I don’t think Prime / Engine Link or Connect or whatever it’s called is currently set up yet for sending such precise waveform information as Pro Link can.

We still can’t actually offload tracks in real-time over the link from a computer, though you can browse the computer on the player, which isn’t the same thing. We have 270MB track size limitations over the link, too, which necessitates the use of layers sometimes on a player separate even if you don’t want to use layers, and we’ve got nothing fully resembling Link Cue over Ethernet.

With the Prime all-in-one consoles, it’s all being done on like the same CPU rather than stuff piped over Ethernet. I think in some respects this is more of InMusic’s recent preference for the all-in-one consoles rather than the supposed flagship separates. IMO, 4.0.0 is also particularly favoring the all-in-one consoles while making the player separates more awkward in some situations.

4 Likes