šŸš€ Engine DJ v3.0.0 Now Available - Drop Sampler, Engine Remote Library, Pad Display + More!

And is the hardware inside these standalone players equal to that spec? Does anyone actually know what the internal specs of the various hardware units are?

Guetto_David talks about how to load them to a pad using swipe. So my answer is correct to that.

To answer your different question: you can load any track on your device as a sample, so maybe create a separate playlist with samples in it for you own convenience?!

You cannot, however, change the given free samples that are located as a separate source in the firmware. But if you have set the 8 pads to your own liking with your own samples and/or firmware samples, they should still be there after a reboot (if their source drive is also connected of course).

Yes, you are right. Our consoles cannot have a computing capacity comparable to a latest generation computer with NVIDIA chips.

But I would like to remind you that VDJ also allows STEM 2.0 pre-analysis with which other files will be created starting from our single MP3. So in our hardware the solution could be to do the STEM analysis with the computer (using Engine DJ Desktop) which will have to create the STEM files which will then be used by the console. This is what happens with VDJ when the computing power of the computer is not enough, and it is what could also be done with EDJ.

3 Likes

Can you show me how to add my own samples??? And from what folder??? I understand that you may not understand me because I use google translate. But the putaning was understandable. I only got what is shown in the picture

I think that the original Traktor version should be brought back to fore, studio quality stems that require no splitting. Thatā€™s the most robust way of doing it.

1 Like

You must select your source, not the one with the Engine samples. You have to do exactly as you do to upload your tracks to your players. The only difference is when you swipe your finger over your track and drag and drop it to the buttons at the bottom of the display. Please watch the promotional video of the new V3.0 version carefully

1 Like

Thanks a lot. Short and to the point. Got me beer.

2 Likes

Sorry to say, but the translator does a bad job thenā€¦ canā€™t make it more easy to understand than my post above. :face_with_spiral_eyes:

All right. I try to use English but I am old bald and blind and the language that has not been used for years is disappearing thatā€™s why I use a translator because I understand what you write but I miss using English up to date hence such minor misunderstandings

2 Likes

Is there a capacity limit on the samples we load?

Also, what an awesome update. Just having the cue point info on screen was enough for me (I have simple tastes), the samples and FX teaser was the icing on the cake. Thank you to all in the dev team for their hard work.

Buenas makina,he actualizado ala versiĆ³n 3.0 pero no me sale lo de los samples la funciĆ³n shift mĆ”s roll no me deja hacerlo, gracias

@JWiLL can we update the main downloads/hardware page to include the 3.0 user manual.

If you look at the SC5000/M/6000/M they are still linking to 2.4

Desktop and OS Downloads + Manuals | Engine DJ

Already 3.0.0 or not?

This 3.0 version is exactly the game changer that Denon needed for sureā€¦ The Prime 4 now has every conceivable feature you could ever ask for. Nicely done!

When you stop and think about thisā€¦ You can now have any effect you want. Any effect! No other standalone can beat that! I was really hoping this would happen someday and it did! Thank you Denon!

Hopefully some of these growing pains will be massaged out by NAMM 2023. Itā€™s obviously only going to get better from this (very impressive) first release. :blush:

It would be nice to have a dedicated Denon effects database page where we could all post and share our custom .mp3 samples with each other. I think copyright laws would prevent this though? Suggedtions?

1 Like

From the main website.

Thatā€™s not the main website anymore for all Engine related things, hence the redirect links.

They could update the PDFā€™s, but should remove the PDFā€™s there imho.

Ok, itā€™s not the main website not that that matters, but they still need to be changed.

2 Likes

Updated mine this morning, so far so good.

its not all good news however, ive played the airhorn sample and my Girlfriend has already told me we are splitting up, ill raise a support ticket with InMusic.

7 Likes

I actually had an event where the bride and groom requested that sample. And several times where I spun Hip Hop for the night where the crowd loved it.

I personally wouldnā€™t use it in a club spinning EDM, House or Techno, but again, it has its place and itā€™s a classic effect.

I updated a few hours ago. It looks like Denon worked on platter performance for the motorized decks at least from my perspective. Beatgrid editing is now a joy with my M model and scratching feels smoother and sounds better than with the 2.4 version.

I like this update so far. Thanx to all who worked on this update. From staff to testersšŸ…

1 Like