šŸš€ Engine DJ v3.0.0 Now Available - Drop Sampler, Engine Remote Library, Pad Display + More!

Hey there! Thatā€™s for trying to help but Iā€™m out having any sampler problems :slight_smile: Appreciate you taking time to try and assist though! Have a great night!

Nice STUā€¦cant beat a bit of Philly soul

Hello all, Just did the update on my prime 4. A M A Z I N G.

1 Like

This is a ā€œtemporaryā€ solution only for Prime 4, because it has a different hardware architecture from the other Prime series products (as it was written in the release note at the beginning of this thread): the mixer and effects part in Prime 4 is handled by a dedicated DSP and not by an MCU like the rest of the series. Therefore, in the next version, Prime 4 will also receive the updates to the FX effects part and the mixer part, and consequently also the sample bank will become like the other products. On that day channel 4 will become free and the samples will be played like all other Prime hardware.

4 Likes

Surely considering you ā€˜turn onā€™ the sampler on a specific channel, it would have made more sense for the sampler audio to come out of that same channel, but if the only option was it can only be on channel 4 that would have been better than mysterious audio that just appears on top of your general output with no eq, no fx routing, no sweepfx, no trim, only a tiny touchscreen volume control in a menu. Just seems an odd implementation to me coming from Traktor

They have stated clearly, and the same has been relayed by Mojaxx on his intro video, that this is just the first implementation and we should fully expect more updates to the features in due course.

Everybody here is talking as if this is the final solution.

3 Likes

How do you insert custom samples, for example jingles into the sampler ? I absolutely have no use for the corny 90s airhorn poooooooeeeett :roll_eyes: I couldnā€™t find anything about it on the 3.0 documentation

You can use any of your MP3 files. Obviously it doesnā€™t make sense to use a sample that lasts 2 or 3 minutes. So you will use MP3 files of 2 or 3 seconds (for example). The selection method is similar to what you do to upload a track to a player, you can clearly see how to do it from the Youtube video that has been included in the presentation post of the new version.

2 Likes

I have a couple of LCā€™s connected to my prime 4. How does the sampler fit into that set up?

So letā€™s say that I didnā€™t understand anything :joy: I just want to put samples like ā€œdeejayā€ or ā€œin the mixā€ that kind of stuff. Short

Ok got it ! I have to use the rotary knob. I usually swipe on the screen, but like that it doesnā€™t work because pads choice donā€™t come on screen :slightly_smiling_face:

You did read the FAQ above, right?

Hi Guys ! ā€¦ I just upgraded my prime 4 to 3.0 and it looks great !. I would like to suggest small changes ( small for me, maybe a headache for you ) to the way samples are loaded, I think it would be great to be able to load all 8 samples at once and jump between groups of samples (eg from fx to dub and then to Space ) by pressing the parameter buttons. Thank you !

2 Likes

@Diego_Wende I would suggest creating a feature request for loading, creating and editing Sample Packs

1 Like

Thatā€™s great that you thought of stopping it but why canā€™t you make it so you have on screen different modes for the performance pads much like Serato DJ pro does it has I think 3 or 4 different ways the pads will respond one is play through without ability to stop it, another is press once to start and then press the pad again to stop it and it also re-cues itself to the beginning which is also something that needs to be added to this new sampler the ability to set cue point for each sample on the unit itself. You donā€™t wanna be trying to hit 2-3 buttons just to stop something from playing it should be quick and simple hopefully these things can be added quickly into the next update! I know this isnā€™t the place for this however Iā€™d also love to see auto gain added with a toggle on or off option and multi color wave forms for beat grid editing because as of right now the beat grids are super difficult the way it appears on screen in the P4 everything overlaps and itā€™s very difficult to come up with the correct best grid using it the way it is now hoping this is a major part of the next update as well thanks guys

I think theyā€™re gonna improve it in the next update. 3.0 is the very first shot

2 Likes

I donā€™t think you understand my friendā€™s question. I have the same, just listed them. To which directory/folder should I copy my samples so that they would be visible from Prime 4 and could be added as in the video???

I agree and they did say improvements are going to happen in the next update but what are they Denon can be great but stop changing the way we DJ and give us what we need with the options to turn on and turn off those features like all other leading DJ software does. the new sampler is great. Thongs are a bit dicey as far as how to load things it seems like a lot of button presses etc I hope it becomes easier with the next update. Another BIG ONE is Stems to add as well. Stems technology has been around a while and last I spoke to one of the Denon guys in tech support their excuse was well it took Serato 15 years to get stems. My answer to that was that was simply because the technology back then didnā€™t exist but between virtual DJ and Serato DJ pro the tech has been out for a while now and it should be something if they wanna stay up with the tech and the now stems needs to be added sooner rather then later in my opinion and Iā€™m sure others here are of that same opinion as well.

Vdj and serato are installed on computers which have processors with many cores, many threads. I donā€™t think that prime serieā€™s chips are strong enough for such an amount of operations at the same time. Just see glitches and display burstsā€¦ :joy:

Iā€™m an active member of the Serato forum and Iā€™ve been reading all the threads about how Stems are eating up processing power on things like M2 MacBooks. Given they are some of the worlds most powerful chips I find it extremely difficult to believe that technology is anywhere near efficient enough for standalone items.

DJ companies could of course look to equivalent chips in their hardware, but would you pay a grand extra for it? Those chips are extortionate prices and there arenā€™t many (any) companies with the financial might of Apple behind them to facilitate development of them.

Not true VDj 2023 works without any problems in video streaming mode on an old MSI with an 8th generation processor in conjunction with a dedicated Reloop Touch controller. Indeed, Serato is now a total failure.