šŸš€ Engine DJ v3.0.0 Now Available - Drop Sampler, Engine Remote Library, Pad Display + More!

Ruh-Rohā€¦

@JWiLL Anyone advise on a fix here. Worked fine this morning after first booting into 3.0 but just opened again and got this. : / Thx!

Update on Sunday

3 Likes

Mines still on 2.3.0 for this exact reason, itā€™s stable at gigs and I donā€™t want to risk it.

Might update on Saturday though as I donā€™t have one for 2 weeks so plenty of time to troubleshoot.

1 Like

Do not like at all the the P4 routes the pads to channel 4 needs to be independent like Serato DJ pro does it everything is there they just need to make it so it is never assigned to a channel to play out a mother words when the lads are set for DJ drops whatever, they play independently so no channel is ever needed to play them. What I would like to see is the ability to stop the sample from playing so far once it plays it plays through til the end of the sample with out having no way to stop it those of us that came from Serato DJ pro to this engine DJ and anyone os know exactly what Iā€™m talking about. Donā€™t get me wrong Iā€™m glad itā€™s here but it just seems like it was rushed to get it out to us without much research or thinking about how it is and can be used.

1 Like

This is implemented: To stop a playing sample, hold Shift and press the performance pad.

6 Likes

Hi @Djscottyb - Do you use a third party app to manage your Engine collection? This post may be helpful.

Engine DJ v3.0.0 Database issues when using third-party tools (Lexicon, De Cu)

how do you load your own custom samples?

1 Like

Thanks, @addie! Iā€™ve added this to the FAQ section above.

1 Like

I do not. Thanks!

I canā€™t see a ā€˜resetā€™ fx etc button in the mixer section. Same olā€™ having to do each time. No big deal (compared to the other headline features), just v. minor grump.

Hi DjScottyb. Had problems myself initially. I realised I could not load my own effects (I have mine as a playlist of some 80 odd catch phrases and sound effects), from a remote setting (my MacBook Pro). The pads did not appear. However, when I tried the same from the internal drive (with the same sample playlist), the sample pads appeared and I was able to load, and all good, did the trick.

Hey there! Thatā€™s for trying to help but Iā€™m out having any sampler problems :slight_smile: Appreciate you taking time to try and assist though! Have a great night!

Nice STUā€¦cant beat a bit of Philly soul

Hello all, Just did the update on my prime 4. A M A Z I N G.

1 Like

This is a ā€œtemporaryā€ solution only for Prime 4, because it has a different hardware architecture from the other Prime series products (as it was written in the release note at the beginning of this thread): the mixer and effects part in Prime 4 is handled by a dedicated DSP and not by an MCU like the rest of the series. Therefore, in the next version, Prime 4 will also receive the updates to the FX effects part and the mixer part, and consequently also the sample bank will become like the other products. On that day channel 4 will become free and the samples will be played like all other Prime hardware.

4 Likes

Surely considering you ā€˜turn onā€™ the sampler on a specific channel, it would have made more sense for the sampler audio to come out of that same channel, but if the only option was it can only be on channel 4 that would have been better than mysterious audio that just appears on top of your general output with no eq, no fx routing, no sweepfx, no trim, only a tiny touchscreen volume control in a menu. Just seems an odd implementation to me coming from Traktor

They have stated clearly, and the same has been relayed by Mojaxx on his intro video, that this is just the first implementation and we should fully expect more updates to the features in due course.

Everybody here is talking as if this is the final solution.

3 Likes

How do you insert custom samples, for example jingles into the sampler ? I absolutely have no use for the corny 90s airhorn poooooooeeeett :roll_eyes: I couldnā€™t find anything about it on the 3.0 documentation

You can use any of your MP3 files. Obviously it doesnā€™t make sense to use a sample that lasts 2 or 3 minutes. So you will use MP3 files of 2 or 3 seconds (for example). The selection method is similar to what you do to upload a track to a player, you can clearly see how to do it from the Youtube video that has been included in the presentation post of the new version.

2 Likes

I have a couple of LCā€™s connected to my prime 4. How does the sampler fit into that set up?