Engine DJ v3.0.0 Database issues when using third-party tools (Lexicon, De Cu)

can you dm me a link to the beta?

I had to backup the database2 folder from the engine library folder then let engine dj 3.0.0 create a empty database2 to get the sync from lexicon beta to take without getting the database version error.

This removed track analysis but at least the playlists were still intact.

You just need to switch the Lexicon release branch setting to Beta and then youā€™ll get it. I canā€™t PM a link because if I release another update, youā€™d have the old version

Iā€™ve deleted lexicon 6 months ago. I made the changes in the m.db as described. Still got the same error message.

Solved now. i had to make changes in m.db in hdd in prime 4. Sorry and thanks!

1 Like

There is another Lexicon beta update for anyone still experiencing the error popup in Engine

1 Like

All fixes for Engine 3.0 are now in the normal stable Lexicon

11 Likes

Youā€™re my hero bruv! always on the case! LEGEND!!

1 Like

This is exactly the route Iā€™m going to take unless I can fix things in Lexicon. Iā€™m also considering migrating my library to Serato or Rekordbox and start to use that as my librarian. Maybe this could work (or not).

I canā€™t believe how bad things work in Engine DJ in general. :expressionless:

Why have you completely ignored the rest of the thread whereby the Lexicon Dev has stated he has put a fix in, just to reply to a 6 day old comment?

Also ā€˜how bad things work in Engineā€™, what has 3rd part software support got to do with InMusic exactly?

Saved my day (and the whole week), thank you! :heart:

Oh, you know very well what I mean. :troll:

I donā€™t actually, i use Engine regularly. What specifically is ā€˜badā€™ in your eyes?

I got the same error screen without using lexicon in the pastā€¦ (checked in the ā€œtracksā€ and have no such path in it) ā€¦ What is the solution for that kind of case?

@Boka maybe able to point you in the right direction.

One of my chief complaints to myself, and this just could be the audio files themselves that are the problem, is that grid analysis (and sometimes tempo analysis based on that grid) sometimes seems to be a half to one and half beats off. I donā€™t own any Pioneer gear but I do notice that Rekordbox seems to have much more consistent track analysis. Even Mixed In Key sets really accurate cue points when I feel particularly lazy for a given batch of tracks I need to analyze.

I love Engine DJ as a library and crate manager, but I donā€™t love the Engine DJ analysis sometimes.

I use Serato, RB and Engine simultaneously so im covered for different gigs i do and ive found all of them to be about the same level of accuracy. Ive had Serato analyse house tracks at 175bpm, or 90bpm, same with Rekordbox.

This is with me analysing 5500 tracks on all 3, Engine is no better or worse than any of the others, all require some tracks to be redone. Often it depends on the track itself, how it begins, the drum pattern, the percussion etc, if its an electronic beat or live drums/band.

1 Like

Thatā€™s a fair assessment and in line with what I said about it probably being my tracks at times. I just think track analysis could be a bit better at times, and I say that as someone who has no experience on the mathematical difficulties that could be in play with beat detection and grid analysis.

Iā€™m glad Iā€™ve bought into the Denon DJ ecosystem, even though I did so primarily on price, and have so far very much enjoyed the civilized discussion on these forums. I appreciate your insight STU.

Ive found a lot of times its where tracks have a short interlude to them, or a small drum break before beat one kicks, those end up being off beat as it confuses the software.

A prime example would be chaka khan tracks, most of them start with a little drum fill before they kick.

I agree that anything below 100% technically has room for improvement, but its pretty goodā€¦ and with on device beat gridding now its really easy to correct on the fly (i often do it at gigs as i spend more time listening to tracks there than i do at home)

Lexicon provides useful capabilities on top of the Engine OS ecosystem so Iā€™d argue Denon DJ have a vested interest in trying to avoid compatibility snags like this next time around.

Christiaan, is it possible you and Denon DJ can manage a little back channel communication to keep in sync on upcoming DB changes that might break import/export?

3 Likes