Engine DJ v3.0.0 Database issues when using third-party tools (Lexicon, De Cu)

Hi… I know nothing about sql but it looks easy to do that. After doing your solution….What is about using Lexicon again? Did it work then? I don’t think so.

Greetz Kai-Uwe

Engine DJ can’t read the dB the third party software can. Read before you write.

1 Like

Thanks for this solution! I had already downgraded to 2.4.0. I have now tested it again with the solution, updated to 3.0.0 and it works.

1 Like

I’ve made a little Video Toturial for it. Thanks for your help :slight_smile: Mine is working now !

8 Likes

I’ve tried this several times, but i can’t make it work. Anyone who can tell me what I’m doing wrong?

Execution finished with errors. Result: near “DROP”: syntax error At line 2: ALTER TABLE Track DROP

Thank you very much for this help.

It runs !

Are you writing it exactly in the following way?

DROP INDEX index_Track_lexiconId;
ALTER TABLE Track DROP COLUMN lexiconId;

Can you watch the tutorial made by @Justin_Roettgen to see if you’re doing something wrong

1 Like

Hi,

I’ve followed the video and copied the text correctly as in DROP INDEX index_Track_lexiconId; ALTER TABLE Track DROP COLUMN lexiconId;

and I also keep getting the error that djlasse is getting:

Execution finished with errors. Result: near “DROP”: syntax error At line 2: ALTER TABLE Track DROP

It doesn’t matter how i do it i keeps coming up with the same error!! Please help…

Thanks for your tipp.

Unfortunately it is not working for me. I had the lexicon entry and successfully deleted it. But after updating to 3.0 it still says Database not compatible. So the entry is gone but I still can’t update to 3.0 :frowning:

I’m afraid I’ll have to wait until an “official” solution, unless anyone else knows of another solution.

Did you check if there is an entry in “Track” called LexiconID?

yes there is an entry called LexiconID but still comes up with the error…

I’ve watched the video and I’m sure I’ve done it right…

I’ve just tested this after thoroughly backing everything up and can confirm this works

After applying the correction, do you save the changes?

I can try to help you, send me a pm and we’ll talk on telegram, if you want.

I can try to help you, send me a pm and we’ll talk on telegram, if you want.

1 Like

A couple of corrections/observations

Of course not. And the evidence behind that was discussed a good couple of years ago. Denon DJ aren’t using any custom made, proprietary, bespoke database format with Engine. They’re using SQL / SQL-Lite, a nice industry standard database.

Between 2.0 and 3.0 , they’ve added more fields and possibly moved the fields around a bit. Such simple changes allow for move features in the future and shouldn’t pose any problems for Lexicon.

It’s a bit like me telling you that I want you to write down the names of all of my friends, their phone number and their email address, as I read them out to you, but then halfway through I decide to tell you their date of birth also, you’d have to add an extra column inbetween the existing columns.

That’s all that’s happening here; lexicon and (if they’re still going? Convers utility) just need to let their apps “see” or expect, the new extra columns - it’s not locked or booby-trapped etc

2 Likes

Hi Boka,

I’m guessing you mean Email rather than telegram?

Yes, I saved and the column is gone now.

I send you my m.db via DM.

Thank you for your support! It’s absolutely great that you make this effort!

3 Likes

If you use an external drive ssd/hdd, you must delete the second m.db on your external drive and in your user folder.

Edit: I mean the „lexiconID“ entry !

Boka, thanks again for your help. What magic you did, I can use 3.0 now! :slight_smile:

1 Like