Engine DJ 2.3.0 Now Available! - Nanoleaf, Quantize, Independent Beat Jump / Loops, Improved Key Detection, Virtual DJ for Prime Go + More

Have it in the options to select the old way like someone mentioned further up. That seems reasonable and wouldn’t be too hard to implement, I would imagine.

When I get home from work I’m going to give it another go and keep the beat jump parameter settings on ’None’ like someone suggested. Hopefully I get used to it and it doesn’t throw me off too much then I can get onboard with this update. Or I could always go back to mixing without using it, but it would be pretty disappointed losing a feature that became so useful for me.

We’ll see.

1 Like

Please help. I downloaded the Windows desktop update to Engine DJ 2.3.0 and installed on my computer. But I cannot find the Prime 4 2.3.0 hardware update. When I turn on my Prime 4 it asks me to update and I choose WEB, but it only finds 2.2.2 and I am already on that version. Why does it always have to be so cryptic when doing an update…ugh! Thoughts?

Found it…all set.

Do we have a do fill a feature request to revert the seperate loop / beat jump size? I hardly see the needs for a separate size for this. The beat jump size on loop knob was one reason i picked a denon over a pioneer (seriously!). Your product designer should always think about making those kind of thing optional, especially if this wasn’t a really wanted thing.

Also instead of adding features which aren’t useful, please for the love of all thing you consider sacred could you add smart playlist and file relocation to EDJ instead of very complex lighting system integration? I beg you, this would make a hell of difference.

4 Likes

as it seems not possible to add music direct to the Go, to have a sampler or EQ for the mic

the laptop/virtual dj addition could open a direction to avoid the engine dj software at least

don’t like virtual dj, but if the next step would be algoriddim djay, it would be nice even better if the go could work with an ipad ( then I had my Itunes database without any problems as algoriddim software works perfect with itunes) I would take laptop/Serato too

the denon go is an excellent hardware and if it could be used with better software then denons own it would be fantastic

looking forward, what the future brings

waveforms freezing, effects problems not solved, most popular requests not improved…

fantastic upgrade!!!

How did this work before? I am lost about this one.

Wait so the loop knob that adjusted the loop size also adjusted the beat jump size in the last update? how did that work?

EDIT: Okay I remember how it worked, whatever the loop size setting it was the same for beat jump. Separating it was the best decision. It gives the performer more control.

2 Likes

Well that’s one bit of good news - at long last. :+1:

1 Like

I too have updated to 2.3.0 but would like the loops/beat jumps to be changeable back to the old way…for a slightly different reason than others. I don’t use these features and now find some extra screen “real estate” given over to them instead of to the song artist/title that’s loaded to the deck.

It’s another example of something changing that can’t be changed back without rolling back the software. The thing that still bugs me most that this happened to was clearing the Prepare list on reboot. I wish that had been made an option too, but that’s a little off topic here.

Thanks to Denon for the updates and bug fixes, but it would keep everyone happy if more of these things were configurable on/off.

It boggles my mind that the shortcuts button on the SC6000 at least is useless, Denon took all the shortcuts away and put source, wifi, quantize and continue. The drop-down to the settings is cool, but not seeing the benefit of the button. We have three ways to get to the user profile now. Shortcuts should be it’s own custom menu.

I’m now to the point where I’m 90% sure the stuttering could be due to the wifi. If I’m connected to a wifi source or if I turn wifi off, the stuttering is minimal. If I have it on but not connected it freezes a lot (I live in an area with lots of wifi signals). Yesterday while walking around and using the Prime Go, after about an hour of mixing the freezing would up to close to 10 seconds before resuming. Audio playback keeps going, but hotcues and nudging doesn’t work at all while frozen.

1 Like

Is there still a way to beat jump 64 beats on the prime go after this update?

how do i change the beat jump value on the fly now? using the loop toggle to beat jump was one of the best and most used features for me on the Denons… couldn’t be more disappointed its changed! how do i get it back?

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback! Engine DJ v2.4.0 adds a new option to link (old way) or unlink (new way) Auto Loop and Beat Jump sizes.

https://community.enginedj.com/t/engine-dj-v2-4-0-now-available-ventura-support-beat-grid-editor-relocate-missing-files-more/45807/4

1 Like