Engine DJ 2.3.0 Now Available! - Nanoleaf, Quantize, Independent Beat Jump / Loops, Improved Key Detection, Virtual DJ for Prime Go + More

As long as both products are on the same major version i.e. 2.x.x, you can update either and maintain compatibility. Just note that there may be some features in desktop that are not available in earlier versions of OS, such as the new default Beat Jump value profile setting.

4 Likes

Perfect! Thank you!

1 Like

After updating my MacBook to 2.3 I cannot edit tracks. Engine DJ letā€™s me load them and thatā€™s it. I canā€™t even eject them. Song do not show wave forms when loaded to a deck. Also cannot play songs via the play button in the collection anymore

Personally i think.that the auto loop length / beat jump on paper is a good ideaā€¦

would be better if it was the other way round. We can set auto loops during.prep so a more complex button combo would be ok for looping. A simple rotate for beat jumping on the fly one handed would be much more beneficial.

Good update otherwise though thanks to the devs for their continued work.

2 Likes

Yes! Well said!

Still ā€œone handedā€ on the 5/6000/LC6000 as the SHIFT and BEATJUMP buttons are close to each other.

but not the Prime4/Prime2 but hey at least they have got Parallel waveforms for all decks ā€¦ so there is that.

I use beatjump quite a lot during performance, the implementation in 2.3.0 seems fine to me, I set 16 beats and use that during a set, if I have to do a larger jump then I change it, 99% of my jumps during a set is 16beats.

5 Likes

This sounds like your audio device hasnā€™t been detected when the application started.

Try closing Engine DJ, setting a default device in your OS sound preferences, then re-open Engine DJ.

3 Likes

In response to the feedback about beat jump size being harder to change with the new mapping.

Try using the ā€˜noneā€™ setting, this will mean the beat jump size is retained on track load. For those that use 32 or 64 beats, it should be easier to change the size when you only need to move up or down by one increment.

This is all valid feedback though, weā€™re listening!

9 Likes

That worked. Thanks

3 Likes

Yeahā€¦ sry for the hate on this topicā€¦ I am gonna give it a fair try. Maybe it is a gamechanger to decouple the upper poti from beatjump and loop function.

1 Like

Iā€™ve never understood why we donā€™t have the option to keep it retained on 64 beats, anyway. I use that most and always need to change it every time I select a new track, where as if I could lock it in at 64 beats I would only have to change it 25% of the time

2 Likes

You are able to assign the default beatjump size (with new update also autoloop size) in engine dj for each tune. So you dont have to touch beatjump until you need to change something.

The default beat jump size canā€™t be retained any higher than 32 though. Thatā€™s the point Iā€™m making. Iā€™d like to be given the option to keep it on 64. If we were allowed that then I donā€™t think Iā€™d have as much of an issue with the new beat jump mapping. Itā€™s due to me having to change it every single time.

It was perfect the way it was before, so Iā€™m happy going back to the last update and staying there. The only thing that will maybe make me think about updating in the future is if we get more track info across the whole screen. Thatā€™s one of the most voted feature requests on here, so fingers crossed we get that soon along with maybe a solution to the beat jump problem I have with the new update.

2 Likes

Ah sry. I missunderstood you post.

1 Like

This is where using the ā€˜noneā€™ setting comes in. If you mostly use 64 beat jumps, set the default to ā€˜noneā€™. Then each time you load a track the beat jump value is retained on that deck. Youā€™ll only ever need to change it when you want to do a 32 beat jump.

Still valid feedback that you would like a default value of 64 to be included though.

2 Likes

This is why it seems fine to you, but no disrespect here, Mufasa. That doesnā€™t mean itā€™s fine for everyone else.

It might still be a one handed action, but not nearly as simple as using the encoder like before.

First Iā€™ve knew about this. Iā€™ll give that a go tomorrow and see if it works for me

1 Like

Thatā€™s okay too. Itā€™s different perspective.

Itā€™s always interesting.

Just curious if they were going to design this feature to maintain your workflow and still decouple beatjump and loop from the knob, how would you approach it? Keeping in mind that you have to implement it across all the prime hardware.

Has anyone noticed any improvements on the BPM detection updates?

I think this is primarily a bug and defect fix release which I would like to see continue as there is more to do in this space.